Chapter 11

Max's POV

Ryleigh and I woke up the next morning and went downstairs.

"Good morning." Mum said.

I said it back and Ryleigh just smiled. We sat at the table with everyone else and had breakfast.

"Mum did you ever call Lisa?" I asked.

She shook her head. Ryleigh's face turned pale. You could easily tell she was scared to go home.

"I'll go with you, okay?" I said and kissed her cheek.

She nodded.

After breakfast Ryleigh and I headed to her house. We walked inside and I squeezed her hand.

"There you are! Where the hell have you been?!" Lisa yelled, causing Ryleigh to flinch a bit.

"M-Max's house..."

"I went up to your room this morning to apologize for last night and talk about letting you date him. But you weren't there! I've been worried sick!"

"I'm sorry..." Ryleigh looked down.

"And now I'm finding out that you snuck out to his house?!"

Ryleigh didn't respond.

"It was my fault." I said because I wanted to protect her and because it was true. "I'm the one who brought her to my house and I told my parents not to tell you because she was all I cared about at the time and I thought it'd be better that way."

"See Ryleigh, I told you that he's no good for you." Lisa told her niece. That kind of pushed Ryleigh over the edge and she started yelling.

"You honestly have no idea what you're talking about! Max only did it to help me! He really does care about me and I don't know why you can't see that!"

"Do you really care about her that much?" Lisa asked me.

I nodded.

"Alright fine. Go ahead and date, but you're telling your mother about this Ryleigh." Lisa finally gave in.

Ryleigh nodded and jumped into my arms. Literally jumped. I was holding under her thighs and her legs were around my waist.

"So are we gonna tell your mum or what?" I asked laughing and threw Ryleigh onto the couch.

She took her phone out, tapped a few things, and her mum's face appeared on the screen. Her mum was really nice, so I figured this would be easy.

"Hey mum." Ryleigh said.

"Hey sweetie. And hello Max." Her mum smiled.

I waved.

"So mum, aunt Lisa wanted us to tell you this." Ryleigh started. "Max and I are dating."

I don't think I've ever seen an adult so happy. Like she was freaking out with excitement. Just as I thought, easy.

•time skip to the day they go back to school•

Ryleigh's POV

I groaned when I woke up and smacked my alarm. It was Friday. I have school today. Ugh. And not just school. I was going to a new school. I had always lived in Berkshire, but I went to a different school. Since I moved in with my aunt, she and the Mills parents decided that I should go to school with Max and Harvey.

I got ready and headed next door. I was probably going to be a bit early but oh well.

Sara answered the door.