Chapter 16

Ryleigh's POV

I woke up but Max wasn't next to me. Oh well, at least it's my birthday!

I got out of bed and went downstairs. Max wasn't there either. I shook it off and had breakfast with everyone else.

As I was about to go back upstairs, Max came in the front door and into the kitchen, but I didn't see him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"Happy birthday, babe." He whispered.

I turned around.

"Thanks. But where were you?" I asked.

"Getting...stuff."

Alright. Weird.

"Ready for your amazing birthday?" He asked.

"I guess. What do you have planned?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well I guess I can tell you. First we're going to my friend Dylan's house. They're out of town but they're letting us use their hot tub. I would've taken you to the lake but it's December." He told me. Yup, it was December 1st, also known as my fifteenth birthday. I was about a month older than Max.

I laughed at his explanation.

"Then we're spending the afternoon watching a bunch of movies. And then I'm taking you to dinner." He smiled.

I hugged him as tight as I could. He stumbled back a bit but regained his balanced.

"I love you so much." I said. This was honestly so sweet of him.

"I love you too, Ry."

He handed me a bag.

"Here's your first clothes for the day. A bathing suit. I already talked to Lisa and she let me get clothes for you and is letting you spend the night again." He said.

I went into the bathroom to change. I opened the bag and there was a black bikini with a dress cover up.

'Of course he had to pick a bikini.' I thought.

I wasn't a huge fan of bikinis because they made me feel a bit insecure. But it was just Max and I today, so it'll be fine right? Right.

I changed and went back downstairs to see Max waiting in the living room. He grabbed my hand and we left.

"Max it's freezing." I shivered.

"It's only a few houses down and you'll be fine once you get in the hot tub." He said.

Once we got there, Max took his shirt off and got in right away.

I was a bit nervous to take my cover up off, just because I've always been insecure. But everyone's insecure about something. At least I think so.

"Ryleigh hurry up or you'll freeze." Max said.

"Face that way." I said and pointed in the opposite direction.

"Why?"

"Just do it please."

He rolled his eyes and turned.

I quickly took off my cover up and got into the hot tub.

"Okay." I said and he turned back around.

He grabbed me from where I was sitting and pulled me onto his lap. He does that a lot.

"You know you're beautiful, right?" He asked and kissed my shoulder.