Chapter 27

Ryleigh's POV

Harvey came back downstairs.

"Max we should do a live.ly." He said.

Max groaned.

"But I'm spending time with Ryleigh." He whined.

"Max you guys really should do one." Paul called from the sunroom.

Max groaned again and pulled me into the sunroom with him. I sat down off to the side because I didn't want to be in it. I know I was in one before, but what if people hate me this time?

"Ry, you coming?" Max asked.

I shook my head. They started the live.ly and Max kept looking at me concerned.

"Please?" He mouthed.

I shook my head.

He stuck out his bottom lip.

But I just shook my head again.

He eventually got up and brought me over to the couch.

"For those of you who don't know, this is Ryleigh." Max introduced me. I awkwardly waved.

Then came the rude comments. Just what I was afraid of.

(RC stands for random comment)

RC: eww! I hope you're not dating her!

RC: she's actually the ugliest person I've ever seen.

RC: her face just broke my screen!

RC: she's probably just using him for followers

Some of those comments really got to me. Especially the ones calling me ugly. I've never been the most confident person and those comments definitely didn't help.

I can usually handle things like this. But this time, I couldn't. I broke down. On camera.

I felt Max pick me up and carry me into the living room. He sat on the couch with me on his lap.

"You need to go back. I bet they all wanna see you." I choked out.

He shook his head and put my head on his chest.

"Nothing the fans say will make me love you any less." He whispered. That made me smile a bit. But only a bit.

"That doesn't change the fact that they're right." I said.

"Ryleigh." He forced me to look at him. "Look, I love our fans, but they're completely wrong. I could care less if they like you because I love you so much."

I didn't really know how to respond to that. I sat there for a few seconds before smashing my lips onto his. That's an amazing feeling.

I pulled away and rested my forehead on his. I was still crying a bit.

"Ryleigh," he wiped a tear off of my cheek. "Do you want to know what my goal is?"

Goal? What's he talking about?

"Uh, sure." I said.

"My goal is to make realize how amazing you are. I don't know why you can't see it. It honestly frustrates me sometimes when you always put yourself down." He sighed.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, Ry."

He moved me off of him and got up. He came back with a blanket and draped it over both of us, then turned on the tv. I cuddled into his side while he wrapped his arms around me and put on a movie.