Chapter 13

Ryleigh's POV

Max and I were sitting on my bed on our phones, when my door opened. It was Lilly.

"Hey Lills." I said.

"Hi. I'm hungry."

"Okay." I laughed and got up. Max followed behind me as we went downstairs and into the kitchen.

"You staying?" I asked Max.

"If there's food."

I rolled my eyes. Of course.

"Well what do you guys want?" I asked.

"Mac and cheese?" Lilly suggested.

Max's eyes lit up but then he asked

"Do you have any bacon bits?"

I shook my head.

"Damn."

"Max!"

"What?"

"Little sister in the room." I swear he can be so dumb sometimes.

"Shit sorry. Damn it. I-I mean..." He trailed off and looked down.

I started laughing my ass off. I was laughing so much that I ended up on the floor. I don't why I found that so funny.

Once I composed myself I actually made the mac and cheese.

•after dinner•

Lilly went back into her room. She's already becoming a teenager.

Max sat on the couch and pulled me onto his lap. He stuffed his face in the crook of my neck.

"What are you doing?" I asked laughing.

He didn't answer.

A few seconds later I felt his lips on my skin.

"Max. Don't." I said firmly.

He didn't stop. Max Luca Mills I swear...

I turned myself around so I was facing him. He was smirking at me, that's when I realized I was kind of straddling him. Oops. I quickly got off and my face must've looked like a tomato. He was still smirking. Oh jeez.

"Max..."

Then he finally stopped and kissed my cheek.

"You know I wouldn't have done anything that bad, right?" He asked.

I shrugged. I really didn't know.

"Ryleigh," he sounded really serious. "Do you trust me?"

"Honestly, not completely. It takes me a while to trust people. That's one of the reasons I've never really had an excessive amount of friends. Don't get me wrong, I trust you a lot and I have since I met you, just not completely. I'm not really sure-" he cut me off by kissing me. I guess I was rambling. A lot.

We pulled away after a few seconds.

"Ryleigh, I promise I wouldn't have done anything that bad. I mean, we're fourteen." He was laughing a bit when he said the last part.

I nodded.

"Take as long as you need to trust me, okay?" He asked.

"Okay."

He pulled me back onto his lap and then laid us down on the couch. I snuggled my head into his chest and his arms were tightly around my waist.

"Hey Ry?" He asked.