Chapter 15

Max's POV

Great. Ryleigh just drank. If Lisa finds out she's dead. So am I.

We walked into my house and mum was in the living room.

"You two are back early. Where's Harvey and Mikaela?" She asked.

"They're still at the party. Can I talk to you?" I asked her. She nodded and we walked into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?"

"At the party I left her alone while I went to the bathroom and when I came back she was drinking."

"What?! She's fourteen! Why was there even alcohol at the party?!" Mum whisper-yelled.

"I don't know. But I need Ryleigh to stay the night because I'm not letting her go home like this. You can call Lisa and tell her she's here if you want." I said.

She nodded and I went back into the the living room to Ryleigh. I felt bad for her. She had no idea what she was drinking.

"Hey baby." I said and walked up to her. She was looking down, I think she was a bit upset. "You're gonna stay here tonight, okay? I'm not letting you go home right now."

She nodded and we made our way upstairs. As I opened the door to my room, she ran into the bathroom. Just what I expected.

I rubbed her back and held her hair for her. She eventually sat back and so did I. She crawled onto my lap and hid her face in my chest.

"It'll be okay Ry, I promise." I whispered.

We got up and I gave her some mouth wash so she didn't have to taste puke for the rest of the night. And so I could kiss her without having to taste it because that'd be gross.

"Let's get you to bed." I said and kissed her forehead.

"I don't have any other clothes." She said.

I brought her into my room and handed her one of my shirts and a pair of boxers to wear as shorts. She smiled at me and went into the bathroom to change while I went downstairs.

"Hey mum, do you have any makeup wipes Ryleigh can use?" I asked.

She nodded and got some.

I thanked her and got upstairs just as Ryleigh came out of the bathroom. I handed them to her.

Once she was ready, we went into my room and got into bed. She snuggled into my chest.

"I love you." I whispered. I gently lifted her head up and lightly kissed her lips.

"I love you too." She said and fell asleep.

The next morning we woke up around the same time and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning." Mum said smiling.

We both said it back and sat at the table with the rest of my family.

"So I heard that someone got a bit drunk last night." Harvey teased her.

She looked down. She clearly wasn't proud of it. I wouldn't be either.

"Leave her alone Harv. It was an accident." I told him.

"Sara, did you tell my aunt why I was staying here?" Ryleigh asked mum.

"Yes I did. She said she'd be coming this morning. Actually any minute now." Mum answered.

Just then there was a knock on the door and mum got up to answer it. Lisa came into the dining room.