Chapter 20

Ryleigh's POV

I woke up to Tilly shaking me. I looked over and Max was still sound asleep next to me.

"Ryleigh get upppppp." Tilly whined.

"Why?" I laughed.

"Because it's Christmas!" She shrieked. I heard Max groan.

"Okay, okay." I said.

"Max needs to wake up too because Mum said that we can't open presents until everyone is in the living room!" She screamed again. My eardrums were officially broken.

"We'll be down in a few minutes. Tell your mum you guys can start without us." I told her and she ran out of the room.

I turned over to face Max. He was facing me and, to my surprise, had his eyes open.

"Merry Christmas." He pecked my lips.

"Merry Christmas to you too." I smiled.

I snuggled into his chest. I just wanted to go back to sleep.

"Ry, you told Tilly we'd go down there." Max said.

"But I'm comfyyyy." I whined. "Can't we just spend Christmas cuddling?"

He laughed.

"As much as I'd enjoy that, we've gotta go downstairs." He said.

I nodded and we got up.

By the time we got downstairs, the living room was already covered in wrapping paper.

"Good morning, lovebirds." Sara said.

"Good morning." I laughed and Max rolled his eyes.

We sat down and watched Tilly and Leo rip the wrapping paper off of their presents.

After they finished, Max and Harvey opened a few presents. Sara and Paul even gave me one, which I wasn't expecting, but I was grateful for.

Then Max got up and walked to the tree. He picked up a small box and

brought it to me. He got down on one knee and opened the box. There was a ring inside. Uh...I'm fifteen.

"Relax, it's just a promise ring. I promise that I'm always going to be by your side and I'm always going to protect you, no matter what." He said and slid the ring onto my finger.

He sat next to me and I tackled him into a hug onto the couch.

"I love you so much." I whispered.

"I love you more, princess." Aww that was cute. Cliche, but cute.

We sat back up and the last few presents were opened.

"So, Max, about your present..." I started but he interrupted me.

"You didn't have to get me anything."

"Well I did, but I combined your birthday and Christmas present because it's kind of a bigger thing." I explained.

"Ryleigh, how much money did you spend?" He sounded serious.

"That doesn't matter." I said and kissed his nose.

He rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, you have a decision to make. You can get your present now or on your birthday." I said.

He thought for a minute.

"Now."

I grabbed his hand and we walked to my house. I led him up to my room.