Chapter 26

Max's POV

I walked into the house and Mum was waiting in the kitchen. I slowly walked in, bracing myself to be yelled at.

"So I heard you got into a fight last night." She said and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Who told you that?" I asked nervously.

"Your school called and said you started a fight with a boy named Griffin. Care to explain?"

"Look, Mum, I'm not proud of it." I said.

"You shouldn't be! Now tell me what happened!"

"Remember on Wednesday when something happened between Ryleigh and I?" I asked.

She nodded and I continued.

"Well it had been because he kissed her. Forcibly. So when I saw him last night, I kinda lost control and punched him. Then it just went on from there until Ryleigh came out. I guess she was wondering why I was taking so long because I had told her I was using the bathroom. She yelled and then threatened to hurt Griffin if he ever touched me again, even though she already knew that I started the fight. He ran off and then Ryleigh stopped my nose from bleeding." I explained and then took a deep breath.

"So you punched him because you were mad?" Mum asked.

I nodded and looked down.

"Well luckily, the school isn't going to punish you because it wasn't during school hours. But you are definitely still in trouble." She said.

I nodded again.

"Whatever you do, could you please, please, not take Ryleigh away from me?" I begged.

"Well that would mean I can't ground you. How am I supposed to punish you then?"

"You can still ground me, just let me see her. You can even make it so I'm not allowed to leave the house. She can come here." I really wanted this.

"Alright, fine. No going anywhere for the rest of the weekend. No one is allowed over. Unless it's Ryleigh." She said.

I hugged her as tight as I could.

"Thank you." I said.

She nodded.

I ran upstairs and collapsed on my bed.

"What'd she say?" Harvey asked.

"I'm grounded for the weekend." I smiled.

"And you're happy about it?"

"I'm not allowed to to go anywhere or have anyone over, except for Ryleigh."

"Dude, what the hell? Mum let you off so easy." He complained.

I shrugged and texted Ryleigh.

-TEXTS-

Maxie💙: come over and bring an overnight bag because you're staying for the weekend

Ry❤️: you're not in trouble??

Maxie💙: I'm grounded

Ry❤️: then why are you telling me to come over?

Maxie💙: my mum is okay with it I promise

Ry❤️: I'm trusting you on this Max I'm on my way

-END OF TEXTS-

I smiled to myself and went downstairs. Just as I got down there, the door bell rang but Tilly got there first.

"Ryleigh!" She screamed. Ryleigh picked her up and walked inside, closing the door behind her.