Chapter 25

Ryleigh's POV

We walked into the dance and my eardrums were immediately blown out by the loud music.

A bunch of people were dancing and there were even a few couples on the side making out. Well that wasn't going to be us. I planned on just hanging out by the food the whole time.

Max and I were sitting off to the side because I refused to dance.

"Ryleigh, come on." He kept trying to persuade me.

"You know you were right." I said.

"About what?"

"We should've just spent tonight cuddling."

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

Harvey and Ela were somewhere else. Probably dancing. Or maybe they were one of the couples making out.

"Ry, let's go dance." He said.

I shook my head.

"Ryleigh." He whispered and brought his head closer to mine.

The next thing I knew his lips were on my neck. I pushed him off.

"Stop." I said.

"We've just been sitting here the whole time. Let's go do something." He said.

"Feel free."

"Aww that's cute. You think I'm just gonna leave you."

Then a slow song came on. He stood up and held his hand out.

"Come on." He said.

"No."

"You don't have a choice."

"Max," I started. "I have no idea how to dance. I've never done it before."

He smiled.

"It's easy. I'll teach you." He said and pulled me out onto the floor.

"So you put your hands here." He said and put my hands around his neck. "And mine go here." He put his on my waist.

I nodded.

"See? Easy." He said.

Then I accidentally stepped on his foot. Great. I have to screw everything up.

"I'm sorry." I looked down.

"Ry, it's fine." He said.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes I'm fine. You act like you weigh five hundred pounds. You're actually really light." He laughed.

"But-" he cut me off.

"You know how cuddling doesn't require talking? Neither does dancing."

I rolled my eyes.

He slowly leaned down and kissed me. For some reason, it felt like it meant more than our other kisses have.

When we pulled away we were both smiling.

"I assume you felt that too?" He asked.

I nodded and then he kissed my forehead.

The song had ended and Max said he had to use the bathroom, so I waited off the the side.

He was gone for about ten minutes before I walked in the direction of the bathrooms. There he was. In a full on fist fight with Griffin.

"Hey!" I yelled.

They both stopped and whipped around to look at me. Griffin didn't seem to be hurt, but Max had a bloody nose.