Chapter 21

Ryleigh's POV

two weeks later

Max had been gone for two weeks and I still wouldn't see him for another like four days. I know two weeks isn't that long but I missed him, a lot. We facetimed and texted whenever we could but it wasn't the same. I wanted him to actually be here. I wanted to hug him and kiss him and cuddle with him.

I laid on my bed, bored out of my mind because Max told me they had a show today.

Aunt Lisa came into my room.

"Hey Ryleigh, I have a little surprise for you." She said.

"I don't want it." I mumbled and flipped onto my stomach, burying my face in a pillow.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

She came over and placed a hand on my back, rubbing it. Wait a second. She's never done that. The only person that's ever done that is Max. But he's in America. Right?

I slowly took my face out of my pillow and turned around. There he was. Max was standing in my bedroom. I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist while my arms went around his neck.

"Is this real?" I asked.

"Yeah babe, it's real." He said.

Aunt Lisa had left by this point.

"But you weren't supposed to be back for four more days. You said you had a show today." I said.

"I may have lied a bit..."

I didn't even care. I was just glad he was here.

"I thought you didn't want your surprise." He laughed.

"She didn't tell me it was you."

"Well I hope you like it."

"I do." I said.

"I love you Ry." He mumbled into my neck.

"I love you too. Oh and happy birthday." I said.

"Thanks, even though it was over a week ago and you told me that on my actual birthday." He laughed.

He set me down on my bed and sat next to me. I tackled him into another hug.

"Are you really that happy to see me?" He asked.

"Duh." I said. "Let's go somewhere."

"Where?"

"To get ice cream, even though it's January." I giggled. "And I'm paying."

"No you're not."

"Pleaseeeee." I begged.

"No."

"It's for your birthday though." I tried to convince him.

"It's not my birthday."

"But I wasn't with you when it was. Please just let me do this Max."

"Fine." He sighed and gave in.

I grabbed a hoodie which was actually one I stole from him a few weeks ago and put my shoes on. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist as I fixed my hair.

"Is that my sweatshirt?"

"Possibly." I turned around and pecked his lips then walked away. But he pulled me back.

"I haven't gotten a kiss in two weeks and I think I deserve one." He said.

"You didn't kiss any of your fans?" I joked but I guess he took it seriously.