Chapter 36

Ryleigh's POV

Max and Harvey had both just done their auditions and it was almost my turn. Max was sitting next to me in the audience of the auditorium.

"I'm nervous." I whispered.

"Don't be. You'll do amazing." He reassured me and squeezed my hand.

"Ryleigh Holt." The theatre teacher, Mrs. Davis, said.

Max kissed my cheek and I slowly made my way to the stage.

I made eye contact with Max the whole time I sang. It was the only way for me to stay calm.

"That was incredible!" Mrs. Davis exclaimed, giving me a stand ovation along with everyone else.

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile and ran off the stage into Max's arms.

"You did amazing." He whispered in my ear.

I blushed and hid my face in his neck.

"Time for part assignment!" Mrs. Davis said and everyone sat back in their seats.

She went through all of the smaller parts before announcing the leads. Max got a smaller part but he seemed alright with it.

"Playing the beast, we have Harvey Mills." She announced. Everyone clapped.

"And playing Belle, we have Ryleigh Holt." Max engulfed me in a hug.

Mrs. Davis dismissed everyone except for me and Harvey. Max waited outside of the auditorium for us.

"Since you two are the leads, I need to ask you this." She said.

Harvey and I nodded for her to continue.

"Have you guys ever thought of each other romantically?" She asked.

We immediately shook our heads.

"We're just good friends." Harvey said and I nodded in agreement.

"Well I'm going to need you two to kiss at the end of the musical." She told us.

"I'm dating his brother." I said.

"It'll just be one kiss. Plus a few rehearsals."

"If Max doesn't agree to it, I'm not kissing my brother's girlfriend." Harvey stated.

"Well talk to him about it and get back to me. Rehearsals start tomorrow and that's when I want you to do it for the first time so I have time to make it look more realistic." She said.

We walked out to Max and I jumped into his arms. Literally. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he held under my thighs. Harvey walked out to his mum's car.

"You alright?" He asked.

"She wants me to kiss Harvey." I said into his shoulder.

"What?!"

"It's not my choice. I promise I don't have feelings towards him. He's just my best friend."

"It's alright Ry. I know it's not your fault. I trust both of you. I know it's just a stage kiss." He said.

I got down and we went to the car.

"So the girl has to kiss the other twin huh?" Sara asked.

I buried my face in Max's shoulder.

"They're not getting a choice Mum." Max said.

"It's still pretty funny." She laughed.

•rehearsal numero uno•