Chapter 12

Ryleigh's POV

We quietly slipped into Max's house and into the living room.

There was Harvey. On the couch with some girl, making out with her.

Max cleared his throat the get their attention. They turned to us and quickly pushed away from each other.

"Uh Harv?" Max asked. "Who's your friend?"

"This is Mikaela." Harvey said.

"And where did Mikaela come from?" I asked him.

"She goes to our school. I met her a bit before break and I invited her over to hang out today." He sounded a bit nervous, but I mean he was getting interrogated.

"Well it seems like you two were having fun." Max laughed.

"Why are you guys even here? Didn't I tell you to go to Ryleigh's house?" Harvey asked, both annoyed and nervous at the same time.

"Yeah you did and apparently it was so that you could suck Mikaela's face off." Max shot back.

Harvey's face turned bright red.

"Well anyways, Mikaela, I'm Ryleigh and this is Max, my boyfriend and Harvey's twin if you can't tell." I said.

"It's nice to meet you." She seemed a bit shy, clearly not around Harvey though. "You can call me Ela by the way."

I smiled.

"So are you dating my brother?" Max asked her.

"Um...n-no, we're just friends..." She answered.

"Well clearly with benefits." Max mumbled but it was loud enough to hear.

"You and Ryleigh made out before you started dating!" Harvey shot back.

"That's different." Max said through gritted teeth.

"And how exactly?" Harvey seemed determined to win. But I knew Max wasn't going to back down. It was a stupid argument if you ask me.

"It just is, okay?!" Max was getting really mad. I've never seen this happen before.

I put my hand on his arm and he immediately relaxed.

"Sorry, I...never mind." He said.

"Ryleigh, the next time he gets pissed at me I'm calling you so I don't die." Harvey told me.

"Whatever you guys are is your business, not ours. We'll be upstairs." I said and dragged Max along.

We went into his room and he closed the door. He pushed me up against the wall next to it just like he did a few days ago.

"Max, remember what happen last time? Your brother walked in."

"Well Leo isn't home." He smirked.

"But other people are." I pointed out.

He reached over and locked the bedroom door.

"No Max." I said firmly.

"Oh come on. Don't you trust me?" He gave me his puppy dog face.

"I do, but if you have the chance, who knows what you'll do?"

He shook his head. He held my waist and leaned his forehead against mine.

"Ry, I love you."

"How could you not?" I asked jokingly and flipped my hair.

He rolled his eyes.