Chapter 7

Ryleigh's POV

Mum left my room so it was just me and Max. I walked over to my dresser and started taking things out so I could pack. I looked behind myself at Max who was still sitting on my bed.

"Well are you gonna help me or just sit there?" I asked and it came out a lot more rude then intended. Max looked a bit taken aback. God Ryleigh! Why'd you yell at him?! I should've apologized, but I didn't. I was in too bad of a mood.

He got up and walked towards me. I turned back to my dresser and continued to take things out when I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his head rest on my shoulder.

"Am I really part of the reason you want to stay?" He asked. I turned around to face him and put my hands on his chest.

"Yeah. You're actually a lot of the reason." I whispered.

I don't think I've ever seen Max smile that big before. But then he didn't something I didn't expect. He leaned down and pecked my lips.

"Max...look I like you too but-" he cut me off.

"But you're scared to be in a relationship because you never have before." He finished.

I sighed and just stared into his eyes. They were the kind of eyes that you could easily get lost in.

"Max." I whispered.

"Hmm?"

"I have to pack and get everything ready so that I can move in with my aunt. I also just need time to think...about everything. About my dad. About the fact the my mum is going to be four thousand miles away from me. About us..." I just kind of let everything out to him. That's something I like about him. I can just talk and talk and he'll listen.

"So what are you saying?" He asked.

"I'm saying that I think it'd be best if you went home for right now. Don't think that I'm kicking you out, I just need a few days to myself."

"It's okay. I get that you need to think, but how about I stay the night and then go home tomorrow. I know you're not the happiest right now and that's why I don't wanna leave you." Wow that was really sweet of him.

"Alright fine. But after tonight I think I want to be alone until I move into my aunt's house."

He nodded.

"Let's go make sure my mum is okay with you staying." I grabbed his hand and we walked downstairs.

"Hey mum?" I asked.

"Hey Ryl-" she stopped when she saw our intertwined fingers.

I quickly pulled my hand away.

"We're just friends mum, I promise. Anyways, can Max spend the night?" I asked.

My mum smiled. I think she really likes Max. 'Good' I thought. 'So do I'.

"Of course he can."

"Thanks mum!" I guess I was pretty excited.

She shook her head and went back to reading her book.

after dinner

Max's POV

"So what do you wanna do, Maxie?" She asked me as we sat on the couch.

"Maxie?"

"Yup." She said, popping the 'p'.

I laughed and shook my head.

"It doesn't really matter to me what we do." I said.

"Movie?" She asked.

"Sure. But I get to pick it." I said smiling evilly. She actually looked a bit scared.

I went onto Netflix and clicked on a movie that I've never seen before. Ryleigh looked relieved.

"What?" I laughed.

"I thought for sure you were going to pick a horror movie." She said.

I just laughed and shook my head. We laid down on the couch next to each other.

About ten or fifteen minutes into the movie Ryleigh shivered. I don't think she wanted me to notice, but I did. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her as close to me as I could. She laid her head on my chest.

A few minutes later she lifted her head up and kissed my cheek.

"What was that for?" I asked smiling. She shrugged and did it again.

"Maybe because I like you."

"Well I know that. And I like you too but if we're not going to be in a relationship then-" she cut me off but putting a finger to my lips.

"Just shut up and watch the movie, k?" She asked giggling.

I nodded and sighed.

Eventually the movie ended and it was almost 10:00. Ryleigh moved away from me and was facing me so I turned to face her as well.

"Hi." I said and kissed her nose.

"Hey." She giggled.

I don't know how much longer I can take this. I'm falling for her more every second. I want her to be mine. I NEED her to be mine. There's just something so special about her and...

I was brought out of my thoughts as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Earth to Max..."

"Sorry I was just thinking." I told her.

"About whaaaaat?" She asked, dragging out the 'a' in 'what'. I really wish she didn't ask that. What was I supposed to say? 'I was thinking about how much I like you.' I can't say that!

"Just...stuff."

"What kind of stuff?"

"Just stuff."

"Max."

"Ryleigh."

As we talked, our faces moved closer and closer to each other. God I wanted to kiss her so badly. I was about to just go for it, when she smashed her lips into mine. It took me by surprise but I kissed back. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped her's around my neck. She started running her fingers though my hair and I pulled her on top of me. (AN: This isn't going any farther than making out. They're 14, chill.)

After a few minutes, we both pulled away to catch our breath. She blushed and hid her face in my chest. I kissed the top of her head.

"Hey Ry." I whispered. If she's going to give me a nickname, then I'm giving her one too.

"What?" She asked yawning. I could tell she was getting pretty tired.

"You wanna sleep here or go upstairs?"

She mumbled something I couldn't understand.

"You know what, we'll just go upstairs." I said.

"But I don't wanna walk." She whined.

"Then I'll carry you."

Before she could protest, I scooped her up in my arms and made my way to her bedroom.

I laid her on her bed and covered her with the blankets and then got in next to her. I pulled her close to me. She had already fallen asleep. Wow, she really was tired.

"I know you're asleep but...I think I love you Ryleigh. I'm not positive, but I think I do." I whispered and then drifted off to sleep. 

//

[1119 words]

AN: I thought this chapter was short but I guess it's not