Chapter 29

Ryleigh's POV

at the airport

It was the day Lilly was leaving. I can't believe I have to say goodbye to my little sister and I don't even know when I'll see her again.

She hugged Max and Sara and they said their goodbyes. She had said goodbye to everyone else before we left the house.

It was finally my turn.

I hugged her as tightly as I could.

"Bye Lilly. You have no idea how much I'll miss you. I'm sorry I haven't spent much time with you lately. Max is like super clingy." I laughed at the last part.

"It's alright. But I'll miss you too." She said.

"Flight 717 to Orlando, Florida is now boarding." A lady said over the loudspeaker.

"I've gotta go..." Lilly said.

I hugged her one last time and then she walked to her flight. I just stared at her as she walked down the hallway until she was gone. I felt a tear roll down my cheek but I didn't care. My little sister just left for who knows how long.

I felt arms wrap around me from behind.

"We've gotta go, love" Max said.

I turned around and wrapped my arms around him.

"Please never leave me." I whispered.

"Don't worry, I won't."

On the way home I refused to talk.

"Ryleigh." Sara said from the driver's seat. "We're turning the guest room into your room. Paul and Harvey got all of your stuff this morning so everything should be there when we get back."

I just nodded and continued staring out the window. Max gabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. But I pulled my hand away.

"Ry..." He sighed. I just ignored him. I wasn't in the mood.

When we got home I immediately locked myself in my room and cried for hours. My life was a mess.

•3 days later•

Max's POV

Ryleigh has probably left her room three or four times since Lilly left. She's barely eaten and she won't talk to anyone.

I decided to go up to her room and see if she'll let me in.

I knocked on her door.

"Ry, will you please let me in?" I asked.

No answer.

"Ryleigh?" I asked again.

Still nothing.

"Ryleigh, please. You're scaring me."

Then the door opened. She was standing there with a tear stained face and just looked miserable.

I engulfed her in a hug but she didn't hug back. That didn't matter. I was just happy she was okay.

"Thank god you're okay. I started getting really scared." I said.

I stopped hugging her as tightly as I was and moved my arms to around her waist.

"Ry, you've barely eaten and you haven't talked to anyone in three days. This isn't okay. And I...I miss you." I told her.

She put her hands on my chest to push me off but I didn't let go. Something on her wrist caught my eye. I gently grabbed her arm and leaned my forehead on hers.