I

Life isn't eternal. It has to end at some point which is sometimes earlier than expected. It can cause heartache for loved ones. Leave them at the worse times. But that is what happens in this game. You fall in love. Probably build a family and then it all gets ripped away from you. It's the price you pay for being complacent in life.

A time of grieving had blanketed the Demure household. Leaving an empty void. Victoria had refused to stay in the house for the last few weeks since the fateful afternoon. Everywhere she looked she saw him. Especially in the ballroom. Imagining his cold body in her arms. His blood soaking into her dress, which will be buried alongside his body at the funeral this afternoon. Every now and then she gets flashes. Flashes that cause her to think her hands are still smeared with his blood. Flashes of his hand touching her face.

Due, to all of this Victoria and Johnathan had been staying at Gulliver's house. As, it was still on Demure grounds but didn't provoke any flashbacks and nightmares during the day. It was usually just when she went to bed at Gulliver's that she got these.

As, the weeks passed on after his death it was getting harder for Victoria to hid her ever growing bump. She didn't remember having a bump this noticeable this quickly when she was pregnant with Johnathan. But it was what she is having to deal with. There had been a few close calls when it came to Gulliver bringing in meat from the butchers into the house. Since being pregnant she couldn't stand being anywhere near meat or dairy dry heaving whenever she could smell it. Which was very hard to hide around Gulliver.

Miss Florence came round the house for eight in the morning to dress Victoria for the funeral. Victoria hid herself in the bathroom as the nausea washed over her. Opening the door to Miss Florence she knew something was off. Especially when Victoria started to huff and puff and pull at her dress. As, her dresses were made to perfectly fit her and now they are too tight. Which is when Miss Florence connected the dots and realised.

" You are with child again your majesty?" Miss Florence asked and Victoria's face turned white as she held onto the sink.

" Yes. I am certain I am and have been for about a month now. How do you know?" Victoria asks in a whisper looking outside the door to see if Gulliver was nearby which he thankfully wasn't.

" Well you have been off recently at first I thought it was just the grief. But then your clothes have started to annoy you which never happens usually. The last time it happened was when you were pregnant with Johnathan. So it was the first thing that came to mind." Miss Florence says and Victoria sighs

"Please don't tell anyone about this, when I am ready I will." Victoria says and Miss Florence sighs fluffing up the dress.

" My dear, I think the baby might reveal itself soon if you wait too long." Miss Florence says touching Victoria's stomach

" It is not that noticeable is it?" Victoria whispered and Miss Florence shook her head.

" you are fine for now your majesty but it will not be very long before Gulliver notices your dresses my dear." Miss Florence says

" what would I notice your majesty?" Gulliver asks peeking his head into the bedroom and Miss Florence and Victoria both look at each other silently communicating.

"That I am with child." Victoria says after Miss Florence wins the battle of wills. Just as the words register in Gulliver's brain his face goes through a rainbow of emotions as he realises everything.

"Congratulations your majesty." Gulliver says and Victoria smiles sadly

" It upsets me knowing Johnathan will not remember his father. To them he will be stories told by me and everyone else. It is all my fault." Victoria says as a tear crawls down her face and both Gulliver and Miss Florence touch her arms.

" It is not your fault the Valois family came to do what they had planned even before the masquerade. Unfortunately it ended with the loss of our King. But at least we still have young Johnathan and this child to carry on his legacy." Gulliver says and Victoria nods sniffling

" Now let's get to the funeral or we will be late." Miss Florence says and they head out the door.