III

Victoria sat in bed and touched her ever growing stomach watching as there was little ripples of movement making her smile. It was times like this she loved because she wasn't hidden away until their birth. A special bonding time between her and her baby. In these precious moments she had Gulliver kept well away from her. Taking Johnathan on walks or to see the ducks at the duck pond. Giving her as much space as possible. It was also times like these that he felt most connected to her even though he kept himself away. He couldn't help but feel like this child was his and Francis would want him to look after her and their children. Even after all the pain and problems he caused. At the end of the day Francis doesn't have just one legacy because of him he now has two because of his actions.

This time of joy was also a time of isolation for Victoria though. As, each time she felt a kick she would turn to her right with pure excitement on her face and be faced with an empty space where Francis would be. Where he would place his hand on her stomach and she would guide his hand to the place Johnathan was kicking. Once he felt one they would both turn to each other with an indescribable emotion blanketing both of their faces. Sitting in silence with the biggest grins on their faces as Francis sat amazed that he could feel their child against his hand making Victoria also smile with glee. But now she sat feeling all of the feelings she felt with Johnathan all alone.

Sure there was Gulliver but she didn't like him completely filling Francis' role. She didn't mind him helping her out with Johnathan. But she didn't want him to take over the most precious memories she had with Francis. It was now her sacred time to reflect on the imprint Francis left on her life. Giving her two beautiful children. Well one so far and another she knew was going to be beautiful. The time she felt like a normal mother. That wasn't also the Queen of a family and Country all on her own. She felt like nothing else mattered apart from the fact her baby was protected.

The slamming of the front door snapped Victoria out of her thoughts getting up from the bed. As, Gulliver came into the bedroom carrying a sleepy Johnathan. Making Victoria smile softly.

"I think he will sleep well tonight." Gulliver says and Victoria takes Johnathan from his arms holding him giving him a kiss on the forehead as he tried to fight sleep taking over him.

"How are you though?" Gulliver asks and Victoria sighs placing Johnathan in the cot they have in the room.

"I am ok. I felt the baby kick. it is the most precious thing in the world. But it also makes me miss Francis." Victoria says looking to the floor as Gulliver took her hands in his making her look back up at him.

"I have told you Francis is with you every step of the way in spirit your majesty. I am also here if you need me." Gulliver says and Victoria smiled softly as he rubbed his thumb across her knuckles

"I know. I know. It's just crazy how much my life has changed and is continuing to change. Before you sorted me I never thought I would have come this far in less than five years. I would have never thought I would have forgiven you for everything you have done." Victoria says and Gulliver smiles at her

"Well I am glad you did. If you remember correctly you said if you became Queen of the game you wanted me by your side aiding you." Gulliver recalls and Victoria's eyes widen in surprise that he remembered.

"I did. But in the few short hours before Francis slipped away from me. I thought I would have him as my aid in the game. I guess you will do." Victoria jokes making Gulliver pretend he was hurt over her words

"Even in your saddest moments you still manage to make a joke and make me smile." Gulliver says and Victoria blushes

"My mother always said laughter is the best medicine." Victoria said smiling sadly

"Well your mother would be proud of what you have become." Gulliver states and Victoria looks away from him taking her hand out of his.

"I hope Francis is with her in heaven telling her all about Johnathan. I know she would love Francis. When I used to dream about being Queen she told me. Find a man who loves you unconditionally regardless of your title and money in this game. I know I done her proud from then on." Victoria says and Gulliver smiles

"She sounds like a wonderful woman who shaped you into the beautiful and powerful Queen and mother." Gulliver says and Victoria blushes again

"You are too sweet Gulliver." Victoria mumbles