VII

Sitting in Johnathan's room she thought about the last time she was in there. Gripping his little body as it was the only thing keeping her alive. How she begged them to kill her and save him. To not hurt him. Now it all seemed a distant memory as Johnathan raced around the room laughing to himself as she sat in the rocking chair rubbing her stomach smiling at him. She let him play until dinner time and they both went downstairs to be greeted with a tired looking Gulliver.

"Are you alright?" Victoria asked

"Its been a busy day your majesty. But I just brought in the last of your boxes. you are officially moved back in and I am reinstated in the court." Gulliver says and Victoria smiles sadly

"Congratulations and thank you for everything you have done. You should stay for dinner. It is just being served it is the least I can do." Victoria says

"No.. No I should be on my way." Gulliver states and turns away from her

"Please. Gulliver." Victoria begged and he turned back to her

"Is this a command my Queen?" Gulliver asked with a smirk

"Yes. Now come on there is soup and freshly baked bread." Victoria says laughing as they walk into the dining room.

After dinner Gulliver shot off as quickly as he could. Saying he had a lot of work to catch up on which is understandable. She had kept him from his work for the past month because she didn't want to stay in the main house. She knew she couldn't have him to protect her for much longer and she would have to start being nice to the suitors the court had brought in and kept in the outskirts of the house. Just as the servers were clearing the plates Miss Florence brought a letter to Victoria.

"This was left with me your majesty. Gulliver told me to give it to you when you were finished." Miss Florence says

"thank you." Victoria says and takes the letter from her.

His messy handwriting scrawled across the envelope saying 'private for the Queen' on it making her smile sadly. Opening the envelope she took the letter out and began to read.

Dear , my Queen

I am sorry for leaving so abruptly from the dinner. but I wasn't just reinstated into my position. To be reinstated I had to promise I wasn't going to see you unless it was with a court member present on official business. They think I am hindering you getting to know the suitors and its making them anxious. This is goodbye for now my dear. Give Johnathan my love.

I know what you are thinking rules are made to be broken and it wouldn't be the first time you have broken one. But , if I break one rule and they find out I will be banished from the court forever and you know how much this role means to me.

yours always , Gulliver

Victoria sighed crumbling the letter into a solid ball throwing it across the room. Running her fingers through her hair.

"Are you alright?" Miss Florence asked and Victoria threw her head in her hands.

"The court are trying to play me at my own game. They reinstated Gulliver on one condition. He can no longer help me. So I have to start playing who's the new king with those suitors the court has picked." Victoria said angrily and Miss Florence touched her shoulder making Victoria look up at her.

"I am sorry Victoria. But you knew something like this was going to happen. The court were feeling like you had the upper hand and they let you have it because you were grieving and had Gulliver to protect you. Take Gulliver away from you the power falls back into their hands. Making you have no choice but humour their suitors." Miss Florence explains and Victoria screams pulling at her hair lightly

"Calm down your majesty. You might harm the baby." Miss Florence says and Victoria sighs leaning back in the chair

"They cannot do this. they cannot expect me to go through the birth alone. Without someone I trust and care about by my side." Victoria whines

"That is why they have done it. Try and speed up the process. But they clearly don't know you." Miss Florence says and Victoria stands up

"I need some air. Can you put Johnathan to bed for me." Victoria states putting her hand on her waist as she walked out of the dining room quickly.