XXX

The minute Victoria's feet touched the cobbled street of town a swarm of people circled her ranging from children Johnathan's age and up. Victoria could see the distress on many of the parents faces as they worried where their lives stood after this attack. A little girl pulled on the skirt of Victoria's dress as she bent down to her level as best she could. A man she assumed was her dad pushing through the crowd to get to her worry plastered on his face thinking he had lost her. 

"I'm scared." The little girl mumbled to Victoria as she held her arms out for the girl to take. Holding her close she knew the little girl needed a hug. Jonathan and Alessandra were the same. when they were afraid they just needed a reminder that someone was there to keep them safe. 

"Do not worry we are making sure every one is ok. So no more bad guys can come and hurt you all." Victoria tried to explain to her in the simplest terms she could muster up as a hand reached out for the little girl to pull her from Victoria's grasp. Stopping when they realised who in fact was holding onto their child their eyes almost falling out of their heads. 

"Lily there you are. You're mother is worried sick." The man says taking hold of the little girl as Victoria stood back up the edges of her dress tickling the mud in between the cobble stones of the street. 

A few of the children petting the horses legs some taller ones stroked its well kept dark black mane of hair. As Victoria pulled down her hood revealing her head , if people hadn't realised it was her they had now. The carts she had ordered with vegetables and clothing pulling in just behind her as she ordered silence from every body which they gave her almost instantly. 

"Everyone , I know the grave danger you were in the other night with the attack. I send my deepest apologies to you , your families , your homes and your businesses. Therefore , you may help yourself to the food and clothing in these carts to help you get back on your feet. If you need any more assistance speak to me or any of the Demure staff here. You are just people you are my people." Victoria shouts as a rush of people head over to the carts. The younger children clearly more focused on the horse and Victoria's embellished dress then going to get food or toys for themselves. 

A few of the parents came over to Victoria thanking her as some of the children showed her their toys which made her smile. A few screams echoed through the two but no one seemed fazed. Walking further into town with a few children behind her like she was a mother duck hearing her young playing with their toys in the air. Victoria glanced in a few houses as a very disheveled man popped out of one at the end of the row. His Hair sticking up in places as his cream shirt sleeves were rolled up within an inch of his life. 

"Have we got a doctor any where?!" The man shouted hoping to get attention from the crowd as another scream erupted from the house. 

Noticing Victoria approaching he allowed her in and there on the bed in the centre of the room was a young girl no older than nineteen her light brown hair cascading down her shoulders. The man rubbed the back of his neck unsure what to do as he paced back and forth in the tiny room trying his best to distract himself. Victoria held her hand over the young girl's right hand and she gasped in shock. Muttering your majesty under her breathe in between screaming again. Victoria placed her left hand on the girls large stomach it was clear she was in labour. 

"Your majesty I do not know what to do. The town's doctor ran off to the Valois residence a few weeks ago and no one has been here. Sickness has been at a high and we are all worried what is going to happen." Th man rambles as Victoria listens to what he says trying to stay as calm as she could in this situation to help the girl she knew how much pain she was in and she didn't need to be stressed out any more. 

"Do not worry. Head out side and ask for Mr Leary tell him what is going on. I have it under control here." Victoria states as he rocks back and forth on the balls of his feet unsure whether to leave who Victoria assumed was his wife. 

As another contraction passed through Victoria could see the young girl was losing energy fast pulling her hair out the young girls face she knew she needed some words of encouragement. 

"Ok .. what is your name sweetheart?" Victoria asked softly as the girls eyes opened to look at Victoria. 

"Beatrice." The young girl barely spits out before screaming at the top of her lungs. Squeezing Victoria's hand half to death but she didn't mind. The girl was in unbearable amounts of pain so she could squeeze her black and blue if needed. 

"Beatrice. We are going to get through this ok. I need you to breathe. ready on three." Victoria says feeling another contraction coming through. Thankfully having three babies of her own she understood the labour process rather well. 

"it hurts so bad." Beatrice sobbed and Victoria smiled sadly at her rubbing her hand reassuringly as she told her everything was going to be fine. It was clear Beatrice knew she was in safe hands with Victoria even if she wasn't a qualified doctor. 

Beatrice tried to her best to breathe along with Victoria as best she could and within about half an hour a beautiful little baby boy was born. Victoria took off her riding hood wrapping the baby in it smiling as the baby screamed and wriggled in her arms. Beatrice lent back in the bed practically asleep as Victoria held the little one out for her to see. 

"You have a little boy Beatrice." Victoria sobbed a tear falling down her cheek onto the riding jacket as she remembered holding her little ones for the first time. 

"I want to call him Johnathan after your son your majesty." Beatrice whispers touching him lightly as the exhaustion took over her. Her husband rushing in noticing the baby and Beatrice he went straight to Beatrice holding her and kissing her his eyes filled with tears. 

"You have a little boy. " Victoria says as she rocked him gently to get him to sleep. 

"Thank you so much your majesty ... I am" the man starts but stops almost suddenly as if someone had pressed mute. 

"You may call me Victoria. I am honoured you have named your son after me. Here you go. Any time you or your family need any help the house Demure grounds are open. That calls for everyone in this town ok. Nice to meet you." Victoria states handing the baby to the man so he could show Beatrice it was their moment of pure bliss of becoming parents for the first time. Victoria didn't want to intrude any longer. 

Heading outside her arm was pulled aggressively.