XI

Victoria sat on the bed gazing at her two little ones. The news had broken out across the country and gifts had begun to be brought to the house. Miss Florence sent thank you notes and gifts back to everyone who sent things ranging from baby blankets to fruit baskets. It was strange this time around though. Now the happiness she felt when she first held them both had slowly slipped away from her. Now she felt detached from them. The love she thought that she would keep with her fizzled out and now she just felt a sense of emptiness again. Which she had always felt would fill the hole Francis' death left her and the little ones would be a part of him. But it seemed it hadn't worked. Miss Florence came over to Victoria as a tear fell from her eye.

" What's wrong Ma'am?" Miss Florence asked

" Is it normal to not love your child?" Victoria asked and Miss Florence was taken aback

" I don't understand what you are trying to say ma'am" miss Florence says taking Alessandra from Victoria as she continued to hold Aurelia

" I don't have the same feeling of overwhelming joy I had." Victoria says sadly and Miss Florence sighs.

" you have been under a lot of stress lately ma'am and the birth was rather distressing. So don't be so disheartened. We know you love the twins as much as Johnathan." Miss Florence states and Victoria nods

" You're right. Is Gulliver still around?" Victoria asked

" He took Johnathan to the Ducks. But he should be back very shortly." Miss Florence says and Victoria smiles

Just as the door opens and in comes a screaming Johnathan as Gulliver chased behind him. Coming straight into the bedroom jumping up at the side of the bed at Victoria.

" Mummy! Mummy!" Johnathan giggled grabbing at the blanket as Gulliver picked him up of the floor making him squeal as he was placed in the bed.

" How is the Queen and the Princesses?" Gulliver asked

" The girls are settled but I am shattered." Victoria says

" You need help looking after the children Victoria. It was one thing looking after Johnathan but now you are outnumbered by the twins and Queen of the country." Miss Florence says

" Gulliver can help. I don't care what the Court say. Johnathan loves him and I don't hate his company. So it works." Victoria says

" We mean nurses ma'am." Miss Florence says

" No I am the Queen and what I say is final. That's if Gulliver is ok with it." Victoria asked and Gulliver looked away from her.

" Ma'am I don't think it's a good idea. I shouldn't have even been at the birth let alone taking Johnathan to the ducks without you. I am surprised the court haven't taken me off again. " Gulliver says and Victoria's eyes begin to cloud and a few tears fell.

"I must be going Ma'am. There is lots of work to be done back at the house. It was lovely to see you again." Gulliver says and excuses himself from the house letting the door slam on his way out.

Never had the Demure house seemed so quiet until she could hear the echo the door created when it slammed shut.

" Your majesty. Don't cry it is for the better." Miss Florence says

" I want some air." Victoria states going to get off the bed. Placing Aurelia down in her cot.

" Victoria. You know you can't in your condition." Miss Florence sighs knowing Victoria's frustration

" I don't want to go out. I am going out." Victoria says and storms out the house leaving Johnathan , Aurelia and Alessandra to Miss Florence.

She didn't know where she was going she just ran. Ran down the front steps of the house. Down the stony path and into a hard chest. Victoria gasped at the sudden impact and the person turned round.

" i am sooo sorry. I didn't see you there," Victoria says wiping her tears quickly as the man turned around.

" Ah. You must be Queen Victoria. I am Xaiver Elise. From the Elise family of course." He says and Victoria smiles

" Yes that is I. It's nice to meet you Xaiver but I must be on my way." Victoria says trying to move around him but he grabs her by the arm and stops her.

" Are you alright though Victoria. You seem quiet down. I have seen it many times on my mother after she had my siblings. It's tough being a Queen and a mother but it's a rewarding experience. She always said." Xaiver tells her and she smiles softly

" Your mother was a very wise woman now if you will excuse me I have to go." Victoria tries again to leave.

" A woman in this state should never be left to her own devices , allow me to accompany you to wherever you are going." Xaiver says

" If the court have put you up to this. I will scream. But fine you may join me I suppose. I can't keep breaking the rules." Victoria states and he chuckles as she leads him to the green house.