XXVIIII

"Ma'am It is not advisable that you go down to the cell." Miss Florence says carrying a sleeping Johnathan in her arms. 

Alessandra was with Mr Warwick in the nursery playing with a few building blocks as Victoria wanted to make sure the children had as much of a normal life after the attack as possible. Even though her own days were different as they investigated what was going on the children did not deserve for their lives to be thrown about also. It was clear Johnathan didn't like it very much as he was rather clingy and tired today hence Miss Florence carrying him to his room to get some sleep. Victoria tightened her hair making sure none of the pins were able to be grabbed easily by him along with any sharp objects on her dress that he could try and use to pick to he lock when she wasn't looking. 

"It is duty to my country to find out why Gulliver was in our home trying to steal out paper work. At the same time as an attack." Victoria states kissing the sleepy Johnathan on the head as Miss Florence sighed in annoyance. 

Victoria hoped that she had realised by now when Victoria set her mind to something she wasn't going to give up. But still Miss Florence worried about her judgement it was clear Gulliver was a dangerous man and Victoria had to not just think about her own safety but the safety of her children as well. Opening the door to the basement area where the cold stone cells were the guard almost jumped out of his skin in shock. Victoria placed her left hand delicately against her lips to tell him to be quiet as she made sure the bottom of her dark red dress did not touch the dirty cobbled flooring. 

Gulliver was sat with his body leaning up against he wall of the cell carving a line into one of the many rocks next to him. Victoria cleared her throat turning his attention away from the rock towards her his eyes widened as he scurried over to the front of the cell to beg for his freedom. Even though he had only been in there just over twenty four hours. 

"Ma'am please I swear on the crown I was only getting the papers I needed to give to the council." Gulliver begged his hands firmly interlaced leaning against the iron bars of the cell door. 

"You may swear on the crown Gulliver but you and I both know that is a lie. Mr Dennon checked over the papers you were touching and there was no need for you to even go through that cabinet of Francis' paper work on the Demure household." Victoria states picking up the tray of food Mr Dennon had placed just out of the way of Gulliver to torment him. Granted it was only sweet potato soup and water. But he betrayed the crown thus he deserved to suffer. 

"That is false Victoria you have to believe me. please. You know I would never try to hurt the family." Gulliver cried putting on the crocodile tears as Victoria placed the tray back down on the table. The guard stood at the door way was clearly getting a little worried his posture straightening as his grip on his sword tightened. Arming himself to intervene this conversation even if Victoria could hold her own. 

"Your majesty. You believe I am naive Gulliver and granted I was to trust you again. I was naive enough to believe you every time you spoke to me. But now I know the real you and thus you are a heretic to not just the house but to the country. You shall stay in this cell for now until we decide on a punishment for you. This behaviour will not be tolerated in this house. When we find out who provoked the attack they too will be made an example of. Good day Gulliver." Victoria threatens turning around abruptly leaving Gulliver a blubbering mess as his hand reached out to grab her. Continuously repeating please let me out please over and over again under his breathe. 

Victoria knew her next port of call as Queen was to head to the town outside o the Demure grounds where the attack took place. It was one thing to make sure her home , her family and her staff were safe , it was another to make sure her supports felt that they were protected also. Heading to her room it was as if Miss Williams could sense what Victoria was about to do closing the wardrobe in front of Victoria. 

"ma'am I know you want to go to the town , believe me they need help. Some of my family members have been left with no home due to the debris from the attack. But it is not safe for you to go." Miss Williams states and Victoria places her left hand delicately on Miss Williams' shoulder moving her out of the way so she could get out her ruby red riding jacket. 

"Miss Williams , as Queen I must go and restore faith in my people. I will not allow the other families to hurt them. They trust me as Queen and therefore they need me. Get Mr Gillingham to pack up boxes of fresh vegetables for them and send them down to the stables. Also get Miss Clairns to pack up any baby clothes , blankets , toys , dresses that sort of things for the people too." Victoria demands and Miss Williams nods unable to go against orders of the Queen it would make her a heretic and she wasn't about to be banished from the Demure household. 

Heading out to town she knew in her heart Francis was watched down at her with Aurelia and he was proud of what she had become. A bumbling young girl in the down stairs area now a fully fledge Queen. Her strength through every thing life had thrown at her was admirable and it was clear she was born for this role. She knew he would do the same to make sure their people were safe without them they wouldn't be where they were. They populated the army , the kitchens the garden area without them the house would not run. Therefore , they deserved everything that she could give. No other family cared for theirs believing they are of importance compared to their people. But Victoria knew in her heart without them she would have never taken the crown that fateful day she watched Francis take his last breathe in front of her. She would have abdicated in an instant.