XXXXIII

Victoria held the hand of Alessandra as she carefully took each step along the path way to the duck pond. Johnathan on the other hand ran circles round the pair moaning about how slow the pair were being. So , Victoria reminded Johnathan that it wasn't a race and regardless of how fast they were being the ducks will still be there quacking as usual. A few of the more eager ducks wandered over to Johnathan clearly remembering him as he had been coming since he was a ver small baby. He too quacked at them pretending to flap his own wings which made Alessandra make a shrill scream letting go of Victoria's hand she ran over to her older brother. Just so she could copy him , Victoria's heart swelled at the cuteness that she was witnessing.

A pained scream came from further in the grounds and Victoria froze scanning the area briefly to see if she could see exactly where it was coming from.

"Johnathan ... Alessandra sweetie come here." Victoria holds both her hands out for the pair to take but they refuse trying to have some form of conversation with the ducks ignoring their mother completely.

"Come on we should get back it is getting dark." Victoria tried to plea with the children but Jonathan was getting to the age where he enjoyed using the word no.

His use of the word resulted in Alessandra copying him and thus Victoria had two against her but she had to put her foot down.

"Now." Victoria sternly snapped glancing at the guard further down the path motioning for him to take the children from her without question.

She knew it would confuse them and make them slightly afraid but she knew it was best for them as she had no clue as to where the scream had come from. The guard picked up Alessandra without any hesitation but she began to push away from him holding her hand out to Victoria. Desperately wanting to be in her mother's hands as Jonathan ran over to her grabbing her leg.

"Mummy why we go with him?" Johnathan questions.

"Mummy has to make sure every one is safe." Victoria states and Johnathan nods.

It seemed that even at his young age he understood that what ever his mother said went. Johnathan smiled lightly as Victoria placed a delicate kiss on his forehead.

"Mummy loves you. I shan't be long." Victoria explains to him as he kicks the floor sadly.

He enjoyed the time he spent with his mother dearly , she was his best friend. Even if her time with him was sparing some times he knew she loved him and she was his world. Her elaborate dresses amazed him as people weighted on him hand and foot. It was like an odd dream he didn't know wasn't what the other boys and girls his age lived.

"Lessi it is ok." Johnathan reassures his little sister like a good older brother. Shortening her name since he had been having trouble saying Alessandra at first it was 'Dra' which made Victoria giggle.

Victoria kissed Alessandra's forehead delicately as her daughter pulled at a loose piece of hair. It was her way of trying to stop her from going. Alessandra just wanted to be with her mother and she was scared being held by this scary man.

"bye sweetie." Victoria mumbles as Alessandra shakes her head.

"Mummy stay. Duukkies." Alessandra says struggling with forming the word ducks which was adorable.

"Not now." Victoria shakes her head at her daughter and she begins to cry.

But to save the heartache , Victoria nodded at the guard to take them back to the house. As , he tells her to be safe. He knew she was going to be but it was still scary times in the house with Mr Gissin's warning and Mr Warwick's disappearance. Slowly Victoria walked down the path where she assumed the screams came from. A low sob echoing around her.

Bending down slightly Victoria quietly pulled the small knife from a garter around her thigh. She had been told on multiple occasions not to carry a blade with her especially around the children but she refused. Her quick knife skills saved her son even if she couldn't save Francis. So , of course with Mr Gissin threatening her she wasn't going to take any chances. She was going to do this herself if need be to prove she didn't need any flashy guards or protection. Holding it close to her chest she turned round trying to listen to where it was specifically coming from.

Taking a deep breathe Victoria closed her eyes trying to reassure herself that it was probably someone who had fallen off a horse and hurt themselves. It wasn't someone who had been injured in some way by a person who had a vendetta against the Dumont house. A body became more visible tied to a tree. Its white shirt ripped to almost nothing. Blood staining what was its pure white colour. Victoria gasped rushing over to it.

In a normal situation you should run away from a person tied to a tree in your grounds. Leaving your guards or army to sort out the problem. Since you were too precious as the royal family but Victoria didn't care. She had caused this problem and thus she was determined to deal with anything within reason herself. If that meant she died then so be it. Victoria gasped when she realised who it was tears prickling her eyes as she watched him struggling  to untie himself from the tree.

"Mr Warwick. Oh my goodness what on earth happened to you." Victoria mumbles trying to be quiet just in case the person who had did this to him was still about.

"Leave ... Me ... Just ... Go." Mr Warwick barely breathes out due to the pain. Each word followed by a deep intake of breathe. As , Victoria shook her head walking further towards him she looked for the knot on the rope around his waist first as it looked like it hurt the most.

"I am your Queen I can't leave you." Victoria states as he cries in pain with every movement of the rope.