XXXIII

Today was the day. She was about to give the people what they wanted and that was to see him pay for his actions. Her heart racing as her palms grew sweaty. Miss Williams pinned her hair back perfectly not a hair lay out of place on this cold , wintery day. As , much as he would be on show so would she. This was a first for her and she prayed all night it would be the last. But she knew for the best to restore the faith it had to happen. Miss Florence asked if the children would join her in the address before the hanging. Victoria stopped her before the final words of the sentence could even leave her mouth with a firm no. Making sure they were in the nursery well away from the action that was going to happen on Demure soil in a few hours time. 

"Ma'am are you alright?" Miss Williams asked as she opened the box with the Demure family crown in it. 

Miss Williams had spent all night making sure each ruby red jewel sparkled immaculately in the sun and there was no doubt about it. If you weren't careful it could blind you. Placing it delicately on Victoria's head as she took a sharp intake of breathe. 

"Ma'am if you do not wish to attend I can ask Mr Dennon to take your place. He will not mind." Miss Williams states and Victoria shakes her head her eyes clouding over slightly as she tried to calm herself down. 

"That will not be necessary Miss Williams. This is my duty as Queen. Now if you will excuse me I am going to go for a walk." Victoria replies quickly as Miss Williams curtseys at her as she leaves the room. 

On the inside her body was screaming , screaming like her life depended on it. Desperate to escape this side of the crown but it was inevitable and it just so happened to be him. Victoria fell to the floor not even caring if her dress got dirty , even if she was cautious of the crown on her head. She watched as the duck swam around like it was any other day of the week. Not a care in the world , unlike Victoria who wanted it to end before it had even started. 

"Your Majesty what are you doing outside especially with this crown on your head." Mr Warwick states a wicker basket filled to the brim of wild flowers. Victoria glanced up at him and giggled as she touched the crown on her head to fix it. 

"oh this crown. It is fine Mr Warwick. I have plenty as you can imagine just lying around for occasions like this. I thought you would be with the children not picking wild flowers." Victoria retorts as Mr Warwick fumbled on his feet almost dropping the basket straight on the floor. 

Captivated by her beauty as she sat in the most exquisite gown and crown he had ever seen. If he could paint her right now he would just to immortalise it forever. How grateful he was to work under her was an understatement. It was a dream and he prayed she did not think he was a bumbling fool like he thought he did when talking to her. Victoria fluffed her skirts slightly as she held her hand out to stand up. It was one thing to sit down in this gown but it was almost impossible to get up so she was thankful for his presence even if she would much rather to be alone. 

"Well your majesty. I was in fact picking these flowers for the children. I thought we could try to make flower crowns. like the one you wore at your wedding." Mr Warwick explains still holding onto Victoria's hand unsure if he had to pull away or if she would be the one to pull away first. He was still not one hundred percent sure about what you should and shouldn't do in the presence of a royal. Deciding to keep holding of her hand and if she let go , she let go he wasn't about to make her think he was rude over a small gesture. 

"Oh how lovely." Victoria barely makes out her voice cracking slightly. 

"Forever and always till death do us part. You are the queen of this country Victoria and I wouldn't want to rule with any one else." 

Francis' words echoing in her mind as she remembered how absolutely wonderful he too looked that day. It was the happiest day of their lives next to the birth of Johnathan. They were young and in love ruling over a failing family determined to bring it back from the brink of collapse. She had tried to keep that memory a happy one as most she just looked back on with much sadness especially as Johnathan was growing older. He was looking more and more like him and Victoria found it hard sometimes to even look her son in the eye as it made her cry. Her thoughts filled with wonder , if Francis was here he would have. But alas they will forever be unanswered questions and she hated having to face that harsh reality as his lifeless body flashed through her mind bringing her back to the harsh reality that was her life now. 

"Your majesty if I offend you I am rather sorry. It was not my intention. I thought it would be a kind gesture." Mr Warwick rambles as he watched Victoria's face fall from one of happiness to one of sadness and longing. A look a woman like her shouldn't ever have on her face. 

"No . NO Mr Warwick. Its just my wedding day was the happiest of my life but now I look at it was great longing. I long to go back and change what happened that day the Valois attacked. Life would be so different." Victoria tries her best to reassure