XXXXV

She torments him saying if you wanted to kill me you have had many chances. So why haven't you yet. He says its fun to watch you squirm because I know you will quit at some point. But Victoria refuses and she says she has more guts than him. He tells her to prove it and she stabs him straight through the heart and starts to carry Mr Warwick back to the house.

"Little Miss Victoria. Not so high and mighty now are you ..." Mr Gissin states snarling at Victoria as she held onto Mr Warwick.

Mr Warwick limp in her arms as he tried to not mess up her dress. He warned her to leave. To let him die but alas she didn't listen and it was his fault. Victoria held the handle of the dagger tightly behind her back pretending to hold onto Mr Warwick tightly as she simply smiled at Mr Gissin.

"Kill me." Victoria mumbles her eyes watery as Mr Warwick's grip tightened on her. A few pained intakes of breathe flittered through his mouth.

Mr Gissin stalked over to Victoria his face mere millimetres from her's. His hot and sticky breathe coating her face as she bit her lip. She wasn't about to show any response to him. His head turned to smirk at Mr Warwick who already looked worse for wear. Barely able to stand if it wasn't for Victoria.

"Oh Sweet little Viccy. That's no fun." Mr Gissin exclaims laughing to himself as he swung his sword against a beach just above their heads letting it crash to the floor.

"You said you want me gone. I won't abdicate. So kill me. No witnesses. You get House Demure and the country. That is all you want is it not?" Victoria calmly responds her eyes diverting towards Mr Warwick briefly to check on him.

Mr Gissin Chuckles in response poking his sword into Victoria's dress lightly to apply just enough pressure to tear through the front of the corset.

"And leave me with your heirs. I think not. If you won't abdicate you will bore my heirs and live a life of misery as I rule everything. Show the country a woman isn't right to be a Ruler. She is there to look pretty and have the children." Mr Gissin counters

Suddenly Victoria plunged the dagger into the right hand side of Mr Gissin's neck. His sword clattered to the floor as his hand tried to stop the flow of the blood that oozed out as she pulled the dagger away from him skin. Staining her hand , arm and skirt of her dress as he fell to the floor. Victoria turned to Mr Warwick who was dazed yet in awe of Victoria.

"We need to get back to the house now !" Victoria calmly warned. As Mr Warwick shook his head.

"Leave me I'm a dead weight go." Mr Warwick mumbled as Victoria shook her head trying to work out how on earth she was going to carry the weight of Mr Warwick in the ridiculous gown back to the house without anyone stopping them. She was sure Mr Gissing wasn't alone.

"Turn around ... Don't kill me Florence." Victoria muttered as Mr Warwick averted his eyes.

Hearing the tear of material as the skirt came clean off around her leaving her legs almost bear as the bottom half of the dress was gone. A thin cream satin material of her undergarments left. The breeze tickling her newly freed skin as Mr Warwick glanced back at her he looked like he was about to faint.

"Ready?" Victoria questions as he nods in a daze.

The pair rushed as quickly as they could away from Mr Gissin leaving him to bleed out. She would send the guards to tend to him soon but right now she need to get the pair of the back in the house safe. A guard on duty at the doors eyes almost fell out of his head at the sight of Victoria's tattered dress. Opening the doors almost immediately.

"Down by the lake... Send all the men. I'll deal with Mr Warwick. Stay on alert Mr Gissin could have other men on stand by." Victoria warns just as a cannon is heard blasting in the distance.

The guard sprung into action as the army came bounding out the stables on their horses ready to charge whoever was on the outskirts of the House. Victoria helped Mr Warwick up the stairs as he whined and cried in pain. Delicately helping him into bed she pulled out the drawers in her room searching for bandages and a cloth to wipe the dried blood away.

"Why do you ?" Mr Warwick starts but then decides not to question further. Victoria was a smart lady. So of course she supplies like these in her bedroom just in case anything happened. But what she didn't realise was that she would actually have to use them.

Victoria wordlessly ripped off the remains of his shirt freeing his skin to the air. Mr Warwick screamed out in pain as the air attacked the gashes on his body. Small dark black bruises slowly beginning to form all over his torso.

"Shhh ... Shh it is going to be ok. I am just going to wipe down the wounds and dress them to stop the bleeding. Ok. Everything is going to go fine." Victoria says before shoving a spare cloth in Mr Warwick's mouth to muffle his screams.

She had learnt that trick from the doctors when she was in labour with the twins. It was basically their way of saying you are being ridiculously loud and are disturbing everyone with your screams. Which made things easier for Victoria as she could work on helping Mr Warwick without hearing how much pain he was in. Her eyes slightly watery as her hands began to shake winding the bandages around and around Mr Warwick's torso.

"He will survive." Victoria mumbles to herself as a stray tear fell from her eye onto his chest dampening a small part of the bandage wrapped around him