VI

Now , the village was safe and the crown wars were over for another few years the people staying in the two guest houses had moved back to their homes. After the army had helped rebuild it to its former glory before the raid. So , Victoria moved Francis' parents into one of them so they had their own space to go back to that was still close to the main house but didn't mean they were surrounded by the craziness that is the Demure household. Sitting in her office she began to sign papers off herself. As , letters from other families and the court were being replied to and sent off with Mr Warner to be given to the corresponding recipients.

However , things were getting a lot harder to do with her large stomach. Which she knew meant she only had a few more days till she was put on bed rest until the baby was born. This prospect sucked as she had only just gotten back into the swing of doing things herself for the kingdom. But she was also quite excited to finally meet this little bundle of joy. She was excited to no longer be treated like a fragile woman who's only purpose is to have children and look after them and not run the royal family or the whole kingdom.

 She was excited to prove people wrong especially the court  to show them she didn't need a man by her side to help her out with the ruling she could do both. Even though she was nearing the most joyous time of her life for a second time. She couldn't help but feel totally alone and scared of what was to come with the birth. As , her labour with Johnathan was hard especially for a first time mother and Queen it caused her and the people a lot of stress as they didn't think they would have both the Queen and the heir alive at the end of the birth. It scared her that the birth could be similar or worse than the first as each birth was different. She knew what to expect in terms of pain levels but she wasn't ready for the unpredictability of the birth since the doctors were already scared that she wouldn't make it through the birth or the baby wouldn't make it.

Trying to distract herself from the thoughts she was having , she called on Miss Florence to bring Johnathan to her office as she signed off the last few papers. As , soon as he poked his little head round the door her day brightened up. A smile plastered over her face as Miss Florence placed him on her lap.

"Your Majesty I believe it wont be long till the baby arrives. This may be your last day before you are on bed rest." Miss Florence said and Victoria looked down to her stomach

"I thought so too. I don't know how I feel about that prospect though. I am excited to meet the baby but also really afraid after Johnathan's birth. Especially since I don't have Francis by my side holding my hand during the birth this time." Victoria says

"You will be fine. You survived Johnathan's birth you will survive this babies' birth. Your a strong woman your majesty." Miss Florence reassures her and Victoria smiles as Johnathan pulled at her hair.

"I know. I know. but it still scares me as I wont know what to expect until it happens." Victoria says

" There is no need to worry yourself it is bad for the baby. Oh and Edith and Eric said they have gone to see the gardens and should be back in time for dinner." Miss Florence says and Victoria smiles as she signs off the last paper in the pile.

" and that is the last paper of the day. I can now play with this little one." Victoria says carrying Johnathan

" Enjoy you deserve it. I shall go and check on your laundry. Will Gulliver be coming back for dinner?" Miss Florence asks.

" I assume he will be. He is just taking the last few boxes from his home back here. So he will probably be hungry." Victoria says and Miss Florence nods.

" Who would have thought it. You and Gulliver getting on like a house on fire." Miss Florence states

"We all make mistakes Miss Florence. All can be forgiven. It's whether you decide to or not." Victoria says as Miss Florence opened the door for her.

" You're right. But do be careful. You maybe be leading down a dark path that could end in broken hearts." Miss Florence says innocently