XXV

Victoria sat by the pond. Watching the ducks. How they swam without a care in the rain. She knew in her heart that there was only one for her now. How her heart ached to be loved once again. For his smile to make her heart fill with joy. How his little jokes would make her giggle. How he could lead her across the ballroom in the most graceful moves. How she could sit with him all night and never get bored. She longed for company as the nights drew long and days were filled with parenting of both her children and the house. 

Miss Florence rushed over to Victoria as she sat in the rain with a distant smile on her face and her hair as damp as if she had washed it.

" Victoria. You must come inside you will get sick out here. This weather is awful." Miss Florence says and Victoria shakes her head.

" Does nobody care what I want any more?" Victoria cried and stood up.

" Ma'am your just stressed come on please." Miss Florence said and Victoria turned away

"It hurts. It hurts so bad. I try and try to stay strong but it hurts worse and worse. The nights are awful I can't do it. I can't do it. ." Victoria cries and Miss Florence pulled her into her arms as Victoria cried uncontrollably

" We need to get you inside. Perhaps call the doctor he could help." Miss Florence says and Victoria pulls away from her.

" No. I dont need help all he will do is call me mad. Vow they take my crown away. No." Victoria cried as she sees a male outline in the distance.

Trying as hard as she could she strained her blurry eyes to try and see who it was. As , miss Florence tried to coax her inside which was very unsuccessful.

" Your majesty please." Miss Florence begged.

As , the blurry figure got closer and closer. Slowly she began to realise who it was and her face broke out into cries of relief. Running over to him she ran into his open arms. He took off his jacket and placed it around her. Johnathan gripped to her leg instantly making her smile appear instantly. She didn't want her boy to see her sad. 

"Are you alright Ma'am?" he asks cautiously the rain pelting on the four of them. 

" We must get her inside." Miss Florence mutters to him.

"Fine I just came to see the ducks." Victoria lies as best she could but Miss Florence gives her a look unsure of how she could switch off so easily. Granted she had practice but it was remarkable. 

"We should all go inside the rain seems to be getting worse don't you think. Come on Johnathan. " Edward says

Leading her reluctantly back Into the house. Outside was her safe haven where she could allow herself to cry and be free with emotion as the birds and the ducks didn't care. They didn't care she was a broken woman. It was the people who cared. Edward headed back off to his wing of the house but Victoria stopped him laughing. 

"Mr Warwick your jacket." Victoria states. 

"Oh thank you ma'am I hope it protected you some what from the rain." Edward says laughing as he took the jacket. 

"It did thank you. Also thank you for teaching Johnanthan. He admires you greatly. Never have I met a child so happy to go and learn." Victoria says wiping her face with her hand to get rid of some of the rain droplets. 

"He has an intelligent woman as his mother none of it is my doing. I am simply the tool." Edward states and Victoria nods picking up Johnathan from the floor as he pulled at her dress to get her attention. 

Touching his little pale face lightly as his cheeks stained pink from the cold outside. Victoria ordered for the fireplace in the living room to be turned on and for Alessandra to bought down to so the three of them could warm up by the fire. Heading into the living room she went straight over to the fireplace smiling.  A warm glow filled part of the room as Victoria took a seat on the floor with the two of them. Johnathan a little more wriggly than Alessandra but it was to be expected he wanted to run around and play while Alessandra wasn't too fussed especially if you wrapped her in a blanket. 

Holding Alessandra close she squeezed her tightly leaving a kiss on her forehead. Closing her eyes she savoured the feeling of her baby girl in her arms. Playing with the little brunette curls she was starting to grow which made her heart melt that she had taken after her. Her eyes still Ice blue much like Aurelia's where. Smiling softly at her a tear fell from her eye splashing onto Alessandra's dress. 

"Mummy why sad?" Johnathan asked and Victoria turned to look at him.

"I'm not sad sweetheart. I am happy I have my babies safe and sound." Victoria states and Johnathan nods. 

For once she was glad he was too young and innocent to realises he was missing a sister. But she still begged the day to never come. It was hard enough each day explaining to him where Francis was she didn't want to then have to explain about his little sister. Luckily she wouldn't have to have the discussion with Alessandra. Maybe when she was older. Old enough to understand everything. For now it was the three of them against the rest of the world and it was going to stay that way. Even if Victoria had to die in battle much like Francis to protect them. 

"Ma'am a letter has come through from Xavier. He is rather unhappy." Miss Florence says and Victoria sighed deeply. 

"Let him be. I tried I did. But now I know after losing one of my babies. I do not need a union. Sure it is for the best of most. But I have done it on my own for this long it will stay that way. It is what the house and the people know. Let them attack us. We are prepared." Victoria explains and Miss Florence nods heading out of the room leaving them alone again probably to go and tell the relevant people about Victoria's wishes. 

Victoria held out her arm to Jonathan and he took the opportunity instantly falling into his mother's lap. Snuggling as best he could but also trying not to wake Alessandra who had just drifted off to sleep in Victoria's arms. Pulling part of the blanket as best she could away from Alessandra and around Johnathan. Touching his hair in a similar way to what she had done with Alessandra. 

"It will always be us. I promise. It is our crown." Victoria whispers