XVII

The early hours of the morning rolled around and Victoria was still sat in Johnathan's nursery as he refused to go to sleep. Thankfully Alessandra and Aurelia were in a different room because Victoria would not have been able to deal with the three of them not sleep. Miss Florence had tried for hours to put him down but he kept screaming and crying so reluctantly her last resort was Victoria. Which she very much didn't want to do as she knew how stressful the last few weeks had been. But , Victoria being Victoria got up without a fuss and went straight to Johnathan's room. Her back against the side board of the bed as Johnathan continued to scream and cry. She couldn't work out how the boy had enough stamina to go for so long. Then remembered Francis and how when he put his mind to something he wouldn't give up until it was fulfilled. In this case Johnathan was determined not to sleep.

Victoria picked up Johnathan and sat him on her lap as he seemed to start to run out of energy. His eyes dropping slightly with each sniffle but she could see he was determined to stick to the no sleep tonight challenge he had set himself.  

"Darling. please. Lets go to sleep." Victoria says softly

"No." he says softly as Victoria begins to rock him like she would Alessandra or Aurelia knowing he was in prime position to be coaxed into sleep.

"Come on little Prince's need sleep to be big and strong." Victoria says softly and Johnathan yawns but Victoria doesn't get her hopes up knowing he will probably find a store of energy from somewhere and start again.

" G said that." Johnathan says in a yawn rubbing his left eye lightly

"G wants you to be a big strong prince and so does mummy so both mummy and you need to get to sleep." Victoria says softly and suddenly he was out like a light.

Victoria wasn't going to chance him waking up if she got up from the bed and placed him back in it. So instead she carefully began to lie down from the sitting position she was in with Johnathan lying against her chest. Trying her best not to wake him up again after hours of trying to get him to sleep. Thankfully he didn't wake as she tried to get comfortable in Johnathan's bed. Seeing him lying on her chest made her think about her and Francis' first night with him. When his little body lay against Victoria's chest his little hand wrapped in her as they both watched him in awe. Their sleeping little angel. She remember the both of them not wanting to get up off the bed as they stared at him as he slept. Pondering what to call the future prince. Now he barely even fit on her chest , had a full head of hair and not a father by his side. Oh how time flies she thought as she tried to get some sleep herself.

But it felt like she had only just closed her eyes that Miss Florence was coming in to wake her up making her groan slightly as she gently woke up Johnathan. Thankfully he was in a sleepy haze he wasn't too bothered. Miss Florence took Johnathan off of Victoria and she got up placing Johnathan back down in the spot Victoria had just been in to slowly wake up. The day for Victoria however was about to begin.

"A bath is run and ready and breakfast is downstairs your majesty." Miss Florence says as she starts getting Johnathan ready and Victoria headed out of the room and to the bathroom.

When she was ready she looked in the mirror and fixed her hair sighing. Knowing today was going to be spent in the office surrounded by papers that had to be dealt with and a check on the guards to make sure they were in the best shape possible to protect the family. Taking a seat behind her desk she stared at the box.

"This job would be so much easier if you were still here Francis." Victoria says and touches the lid of the box and takes the papers from the top out and began to read them.

Miss Florence came rushing in.

"Sorry to bother you Ma'am but something is wrong with Alessandra. I have called the doctor but I thought it would be best you knew." Miss Florence says quickly and Victoria jumps out of her chair at the sound of her child and something being wrong.

The papers would have to wait. First she is a mother and second she is a mother to the crown.