XXXXII

"What is the rush ma'am ?" Miss Florence asks as she desperately tries to follow behind Victoria.

Who was walking at an incredible pace despite the early hours of the morning. Though the house and to the nursery where the children were all tucked up asleep.

" I need to check on the children." Victoria states simply as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

For Miss Florence however she was very perplexed as to why all of a sudden at this ungodly hour Victoria was making with haste to the nursery. But alas she couldn't stop her they are her children and if she wanted to see them she could.

"I am sure they are peacefully sleeping ma'am much like you should be." Miss Florence hints at Victoria that maybe she should go back to bed. But Victoria was being too stubborn to notice her protective mother instincts mixed with her paranoia had meant she had spent all night in her room tossing and turning.

" i need to see my children." Victoria firmly responds

As, flashes of a hooded man held her babies in his arms. Cackling away at her as he stabbed both of them I mother same way the Valois killed Francis. Their blood oozing out their bodies as she screamed helplessly. Rubbing at her hands she fell to the floor begging. Her nails scratching the back of each hand profusely. Catching the skin itself in places creating little cuts that had prickles of blood trickling to the surfaces.

" your majesty are you alright." Miss Florence asks cutting through the horrid vision Victoria was having.

She hadn't had one like it for months and so everyone had breathed a sigh of relief. But it seemed to Miss Florence that the whole Mr Warwick situation had triggered it again. Holding her hands out of Victoria to take but she didn't.

"He is going to take my babies ... My babies ... My everything." Victoria sobbed as Miss Florence frowned.

Kneeling down in front of Victoria Miss Florence glanced down the hallway in both directions. Praying either no one will walk down and see the commotion or that no one would be awoken by this ordeal. Miss Florence rubbed the back of her palms slowly and softly as to not cause her any more pain. But to also give her some comfort as she calmed down.

"It is ok ma'am nothing is going to happen to the children. The guards are already making progress to finding out where Mr Warwick is. Everything is going to be fine." Miss Florence tries desperately to reassure Victoria.

" I can't loose my babies. I ... " Victoria's voice breaks as the sobs take control over her body rendering her unable to speak. But Miss Florence was in no rush to get her off the floor and back into her room. She just needed some one to tell her it was all going to be ok.

" shall we go and see the children. Will that make it better?" Miss Florence asked as Victoria's gaze was distant. Transfixed on the window down the hallway behind Miss Florence.

She watched as the sun slowly began to peep through the clouds , Miss Florence's voice a distant memory. Her head moving up and down subconsciously as her mind and body split from each other. It was like she was possessed , so scared and traumatised she was frozen in time.

Quietly Miss Florence guided the dazed Victoria into the room where the pair were in fact peacefully sleeping in the nursery. Alessandra's little curls spread out all over the pillow as her rose tinted lips pursed in a pout. She looked like a porcelain doll while Johnathan was lying on his stomach his blanket wrapped around him in ways Victoria didn't know was possible. It was going to be interesting to see him get out of that in the morning. Softly touching both their cheeks Victoria smiled sadly at them. Glancing at Miss Florence she smiled and the pair headed out the room to continue letting the children sleep. Her sobs a light sniffle after seeing her little ones in person.

" he warned if I don't abdicate he will take the children like he took Warwick." Victoria explains and Miss Florence nods.

" If you wish to abdicate ma'am. I support you whole heartedly." Miss Florence states as Victoria shakes her head.

" if it means war it means war." Victoria responds.

She may have almost done it once but with people like him the court Lord knows what would happen to the person to take her place. This was her fight for the people and she was going to end it once and for all. To rewrite history so to speak and make people realise that Queen's can reign twice as hard as any King. She wasn't going to let him frighten her even if it meant she got no sleep worrying about what if. But going into this game she knew there were going to be challenges. Life is never simple.

"Have a letter drawn up to the court immediately stating the abdication papers will not be signed as my children are not to be used as a pawn in this game of war. Have then deliver it with haste. Then we shall go from there." Victoria explains dabbing her cheeks with her finger to get rid of any stray tears that were still rolling about.

She couldn't let her guard fall again. She needed to protect the family , the children and find Mr Warwick before  the court tried to out do her again. It was going to be extremely tough but she was ready to end this cycle once and for all and show the people change can be made regardless of the hardships thrown at you.

" your wish is my command your majesty." Miss Florence says and Victoria nods.

"This is for you Francis and Aurelia. I can do this." Victoria mumbles to herself as she looks up at the ceiling smiling.