XXXII

Victoria glanced at the guard and then back to Gulliver who had positioned himself comfortably on the floor against the cell door. dangling his hands through the bars interlacing them together. As , she stood just far enough that he couldn't grab her in any way and hold her hostage. At this point he could be plotting anything while she had the upper hand. 

"Here is how we are going to sort this. You tell me who the leak was about when my guards change shift , oh and what you wanted with my husband's plans and I will spare your head." Victoria states and Gulliver's eyes nearly pop out his head. 

She wasn't seriously thinking of killing him was she. Surely she didn't have it in her but looking at her right this second it seemed she would be it right now without any interference. Gulliver retracted his hands back into the cell as if he was recoiling back into his safe place even if it was cold , dark , damp and smelt a little of wet dog. He knew even if he tried she still held all the cards , the ball was firmly in her court whether he liked it or not. 

"I shan't ever say ma'am." Gulliver retorts trying to torment Victoria. But she knew his game. Fool me once shame on you , fool me twice watch your head. This game was cut throat and finally she was about to get her teeth stuck into it. 

"Well I guess you won't be needing this then. Mr Dennon prepare the stand Gulliver will be hung at noon tomorrow." Victoria counters effortlessly picking up the tray of food to which Gulliver pathetically reached out to grab but she of course pulled it away just letting his finger tickle the wood. 

The Guard nodded at Victoria's request as Gulliver whined her name a few times. As , she handed the tray to Mr Brightmen. But before she could let go of the tray to him Gulliver shouted out. 

"Please. Please. Do not do this. This is not like you Victoria please." Gulliver begs as Victoria takes hold of the tray once again. Gulliver sits up even straighter than before thinking he was going to get it like a dog waiting for a treat.

Clearing her throat she stood dead in front of Gulliver as she watched his face change. He thought this is it he has her right where he wanted her. She even picked up the bowl of soup pretending to make oohs sounds at the glorious smell. His eyes clouding over as she continued to torment him with the food. He should have just eaten it like a good boy but it was too far gone now. 

"You lost the right to call me that the moment you crawled back to the court. You are nothing but a liar and a heretic.  You manipulated me to be your pawn. Thus I am taking back control for the death of my husband and my children. Goodbye Gulliver it was not a pleasure knowing you." Victoria snaps her voice strong as she stopped herself from tearing up. 

She wanted to say she was unbreakable but that would be a lie. To know she had to punish Gulliver still made her heart hurt greatly. The way he treated her after Francis' death and in the early months of the twins it was dream. But that was all it was a fabricated version of himself clearly plotting the whole time she reminded herself. Dropping the tray with the soup to the floor as Mr Brightmen gasped in shock. Watching as some of the soup spilled out by her feet praying it didn't actually touch her dress. Turning around she headed out of the cell room. 

Suddenly Johnathan bombarded into Victoria with a giggle he screamed mummy as Alessandra waddled behind like a penguin. Bending down to the the height of the two of them she felt like she hadn't seen their little faces for weeks but in fact it was only really two days. She had been rushed off her feet with everything it was like she had shut down her mother brain to focus on what was going on with the crown. 

Mr Warwick ran , well quickly walked down the corridor towards them it was clear Johnathan and Alessandra had planned an escape and made a b line out away from him. Stopping just in front of Victoria he tried his best to not show the fact he was fully out of breathe and had the start of a stitch in his stomach from chasing after the children. 

"Keeping you on your toes Mr Warwick?" Victoria joked and he nodded unable to form actual sentences at the moment. 

"Play?" Alessandra questioned sweetly holding her tiny hand out for Victoria to take. 

What was a little bit of play time with her children going to do , the world was still going to turn. People would try to murder her and her family any day of the week it was clear. But her children where only going to be this little for only a short amount of time. Nodding Victoria got up off the floor as Alessandra took one hand and Johnathan took the other. Mr Warwick still struggling with his breathing stood still not sure what to do. 

"Are you joining us Mr Warwick?" Victoria questioned turning her head slightly to see the man holding his rib cage tightly , as if it was going to fall out of his chest. 

"I shall just be a minute." Mr Warwick barely makes out as Victoria nods. 

Alessandra turns and waves at him stopping as Victoria continued moving forward. Johnathan on the other hand had a different approach sticking his tongue out at Mr Warwick. Which of course both Victoria and Mr Warwick found utterly hilarious but Victoria was not going to allow that type of behaviour. 

"Johnathan. that is not nice. Say sorry." Victoria giggles lightly as Johnathan shakes his head. 

"No." Johnathan states turning around again he sticks his tongue out at Mr Warwick as if once wasn't enough. 

It was clear Jonathan was finding his voice in this family and it seemed he thought he was the boss around here.