XXXXVI

Mr Warwick tried his best trying to sit up on the bed on his own. His left arm shaky as he hissed under his breathe trying to cut through the pain radiating his body. Victoria rushed over to him fluffing the pillow behind him to give him some support as he settled into it. Victoria had been staying in the spare room last night allowing Mr Warwick to take her bed. But he didn't like that. He felt bad being a burden. He should be in his wing or at most in the nurse quarters not here.

"Victoria ..." Mr Warwick mumbled under his breathe.

Standing by the side of the bed Victoria made sure he was as comfortable as he could be. Almost ignoring him calling her name because she had learnt quite quickly unless he was screaming her name in pain he was some what alright. All he had been doing was saying he shouldn't be in her bed but at the end of the day she was Queen , it was her fault he was in this state. Thus , he had to do what she said. Even though he wasn't completely complaining to watch Victoria thrive as she cared for him felt very special.

" You need your bed back ... Please." Mr Warwick mumbled as Victoria shook her head pulling back the bedroom curtains allowing the sunlight to spill in from the outside.

"No. You are hurt because of me it is my duty to care for you." Victoria states fiddling about with the flowers in the vase on her dressing table. The same flowers Mr Warwick had bought her before all of this happened.

"Please." Mr Warwick begs as Victoria shakes her head smiling at him. His face instantly softening as she gazed at him.

He couldn't keep an argument with her to save his life. If she asked him to run into Mr Gissin and his army bare foot with no weapon he would without question. No wonder she was the Queen of the family and the country he thought. She had the kind face you remember from your parents when you were little but had the sharp edge you feared to no end.

"Now . Before I go to read my papers is there anything you need? Except moving from this room as that is not happening. The house is still on high alert and due to your condition you are of high risk."Victoria questions as Mr Warwick shakes his head.

"Good. I shall be back with lunch. Relax." Victoria states quickly shutting the bedroom door quickly so no one could look in.

Breathing a deep sigh of relief she closed her eyes for a moment. Even though she knew outside of the house it wasn't calm inside felt perfect. Miss Florence passed her carrying a basket full of fruit to replenish the fruit basket in the dining hall eyeing her suspiciously.

"Everything alright your majesty?" Miss Florence questions breaking Victoria's little bubble. Glancing at her she smiled.

"Yes .. Yes everything is fine. I am on my way to read the papers and then to play with the children." Victoria rambles quickly.

Thankfully Miss Florence believed her and carried on doing her duty. Smiling to herself Victoria headed to the office awaiting response about Mr Gissin and his army. Praying everything was under control and that it wasn't going to infiltrate her home. She had spent enough money to build up the army after Francis died they should have the power at this point to dispel any problems. Breathing a sigh of relief she let go of the bedroom door handle.

"Oh ... Wait your majesty. Why on Earth was one of your dresses ruined yesterday?" Miss Florence stops turning completely around to face Victoria who fiddled with her hands. Biting the inside of her cheek.

"I got into some trouble with Mr Gissin  that is all . It made it easier to get away without harm, it is a shame though the dress was beautiful." Victoria rambles as Miss Florence nods.

"That is understandable. I shall let Miss Eveline know that you need a new one." Miss Florence says as Victoria awkwardly nods her head smiling.

In all honesty the dress was beautiful but she didn't mind if another was made. It took some many man hours to create the intricate designs on the material it felt like a waste. Especially since they were all tailor made for her she couldn't gift them off the family members or staff that deserved them. Sure she didn't mind looking put together she just felt that sometimes money could be spent more wisely then on extortionate amounts of jewels and dresses for herself.

"Thank you ... Actually could you ask Miss Eveline if she could use the material from the original to make a version for Alessandra. It would be a shame to waste the fabric. " Victoria suggests as Miss Florence's eyes widen as if she had just heard the best idea in the whole world.

"Of course ma'am. How wonderful would that be to have the Queen and Princess in matching dresses. Oh the people would swoon." Miss Florence gushes heading back down the corridor away from Victoria.

As , she breathed a sigh of relics when arriving at the office opening the large brown wood box that held hundreds of letters and demands from the public that she had to decide whether to fulfil or not. It was a tedious job but with the army busy fighting off Mr Gissin's men someone had to do it.

Glass scattered through the office as Victoria instinctively ducked protective herself to a certain degree with the desk. Breaking the serine calm that had settled over the house. Victoria's heart rate quickened as she touched her ankle searching for her dagger she took with her every where. But it was no where to be seen.

Glancing around she searched for a sharp object to defend herself with picking up a candle stick holder. Granted it wasn't the sharpest object about but it was heavy and swung the right way could do quite a bit of damage if needed.