XXXV

Victoria froze and so did almost anyone who noticed what was going on. Unsure whether to draw their swords to protect the Queen or not. One false move and everything could come crashing down. Her heart beat speeding out of her chest as her mind flashed special moments of her children. This was it a set up that not even Victoria could see coming. Her left hand opened slightly to tell the guards to be ready but not to cause alarm to the crowd. Since only a few odd stragglers had noticed anything going on but where too dumb to exclaim it to the world. Turning her head slightly she smiled politely at the man behind her his sword pressed further into her. 

"Xavier. What do I owe this pleasure?" Victoria questions as he pulls his sword away from her but still ready to stab her if necessary. 

"Stop talking." Xavier spits his strong exterior cracking under her gaze. Her calm nature , un nerving. Catching him off guard more than her. 

"Now that is no way to talk to your dear Queen is it." Victoria politely replied her left hand raising slightly to alert the guard to towards the back of the stage behind where Gulliver's body lay. Thankfully the crowd was still reeling in that rather than what was going on with her.

"I said stop. Do not test me your majesty. I am armed." Xavier threatens but it mostly falls on death ears. Victoria glanced to the guards readying them to pounce on her cue to proceed with caution. 

"I see you are. I do suggest you put down the sword and we can both talk about this." Victoria bargains with him but he half heartedly tries to pierce her corset with the sword to make himself look more aggressive. 

A few people down the front of the stage started to noticed the goings on and started shouting and calling at Victoria. Glancing at them from the corner of her eye she prayed none of them would try and jump the stage to get involved it could get ugly and cause more fatalities than necessary. Which was the worst thing she could think of at least for now the problem was against her and no one else. If she was to go right now would it be such a problem she knew her children would be in safe hands. She knew they would look after them , she had tried her best but obviously the game was never going to be that easy. It was only time before her battle would come to an end like it should have done that day. She should have abdicated then and gone to live a calm life with her children with none of this. But no she chose to fight on for not only Francis' honour but for the legacy of her children. They deserved a strong mother to reflect that of their fallen father. 

But alas the lord giveth and the lord taketh away. It was only fitting that today of all days would be the day. The day she finally showed to world House Demure was not going to allow the court to get away with their corrupted ways. The Guard next to Victoria held his hand tightly on the hilt of his sword ready to deploy it on Xavier if he thought this was all going to go south but right now it seemed she had it under control. This was why she was Queen the guard thought for moments like this where nothing seemed to scare her. 

What the guard didn't realise was that Victoria had stared death in the face multiple times over the last few years. Including her own which gave her that edge in this game , she knew at any moment all this could come crashing down and thus wasn't scared. She couldn't be after everything. However this was going to play out was meant to happen Victoria reminded herself to try and keep herself calm on both the exterior and the interior. But it didn't help her palms still began to sweat as the corset felt like it was constricting her airways more than usual. 

"NO. You promised a union and you left me. Now you shall pay." Xavier snaps as Victoria opens her arms out to Xavier testing him mostly. Half of her heart thought she knew he wouldn't do it but the other thought if he did oh well. 

In one swift movement the sword pierced the flesh. Victoria's eyes closed almost instantly a series of gasps erupted from the crowd. As , Parents covered the eyes of their children pulling them away from the area. They were here to see Gulliver's death sure but to witness this was too much for the people. The crown slipped from Victoria's head crashing to the floor with a clang rolling down the stairs in front of the pair of them. A few tried to grab hold of the precious article but the guard beat both them and Xavier to it holding it close to their chest. Victoria's hand reached for her head but it was too late it was gone touching her cheek gently as her breathe stayed caught in her throat like it would be her last. Without even a goodbye to her children this morning. Everything came to a stop as if nothing mattered any more. The sound of the crowd drowned out as she saw the silver sword glisten in the sun. Glancing at Miss Florence her eyes clouded over much like Victoria's own probably , a hand covering her mouth frozen in position. 

"I love you." Francis mumbled as tears fell down Victoria's face as she helplessly tried to stop the bleeding. 

Her hands covered in his blood as she held him close for one last time. Praying he would make it through if not for himself but for their family and their reign. 

"My Queen forever do me proud." Francis mutters his voice slipping further and further away with each breath. Shaking her head wiping her eyes with her bloodied hands. Which was the last of her worries. 

"No .. no Francis please." Victoria begged touching his face lightly his eyes fluttering shut as he took his last breath. 

"My Queen." echoing in his last breath Victoria sobbed uncontrollably looking up to the ceiling of the ballroom she let out a blood curdling scream. This couldn't be it he couldn't be gone. Johnathan's hands also covered in his father's blood. 

Victoria glanced down at him as if she was only just noticing his presence. Thankful her son was too young to ever remember this type of heart ache. To even remember what happened today. Pulling him close to her chest she kissed his little forehead as he also began to cry noticing his mother crying touching her face which mostly just touched the blood that covered it. 

"I will protect you with my life and thus you will do the same with your sibling. My precious little boy." Victoria states closing her eyes not wanting to even see her husband's dead body lying on the floor in front her her anymore. Yet the tears still rolled down her cheeks.