VIII

Victoria sat in bed reading a book. Under strict orders she had been put on bed rest until she would give birth. This is because after her last check with the doctor he believed she was ready to drop any minute now. So , they didn't want to risk her going into labour anywhere else but home regardless of her persistence that she was fine and could continue her life as normal. Life without Gulliver by her side had been hard over the last couple of weeks. Even though she still had Edith and Eric who were ready to take Johnathan to the duck pond , to the gardens to have a picnic or sit in his nursery playing games to help ease the stress off of Victoria which she was very grateful for. They had been a blessing in disguise.

She hadn't seen him since the dinner and now because she was on bedrest until the birth of the baby which was imminent. All of the royal duties were being done through Gulliver but not in her presence anyway which made her sad. When sat on the bed alone with Edith and Eric took Johnathan out she could help but feel completely alone even though she has her baby to keep her company.  She missed Gulliver as much as she didn't want to admit it the courts new rule made her realise what big a help he was with her. Allowing her to stay in his home until she was ready to go back to the main house. All she wanted was to go to the greenhouse with him and watch him as he reeled off pointless facts about all of the flowers in it that he learnt from books in his library. Making her laugh at his joy when he learns a new fact and just has to tell someone. The way he was so gentle with Johnathan. Just as she felt a sharp pain in her stomach making her wince slightly. Thankfully , the pain went as quickly as it came making Victoria sigh with relief.

As, Miss Florence came into the bedroom with Johnathan who was holding a piece of paper. Making Victoria smile and give him a massive hug as he was placed on the bed next to her. Johnathan holds the piece of paper out to Victoria with a smile on his face. Taking it from him she looked at it and on it was a picture of what looked like to be herself with a baby , Johnathan and Francis with duck by their feet.

"Did you draw this for me?" Victoria asked and Johnathan nods

"Did nanny and granddad help you?" Victoria asks and he nods

"It is beautiful Johnathan your a little artist I am going to put it here." Victoria says placing it on the bedside table making him giggle

"Daddy?" He says and Victoria bit her lip

"Where daddy?" Johnathan asked Victoria and she turned to look at Miss Florence

"He is not here right now he is busy being king." Victoria explains and Johnathan frowns shaking his head

"No. Daddy." he said again

"I think he means Gulliver." Miss Florence mumbles and Victoria sighed

"He is at work. But hopefully he will see us soon when he is isn't busy." Victoria says and he smiles

"Show pic-tu-rre." Johnathan says clearly unable to form the word picture properly making Victoria smile and nod at him.

Just as the pain came again making her wince and Johnathan frown again.

"mummy owwie?" Johnathan asks and Victoria shakes her head

"mummy is ok. I think the baby might be coming sooner than we all thought." Victoria says

" I'll call the doctor sit tight your majesty." Miss Florence says and Victoria takes a deep and shaky breath as another pain comes.

"What else am I supposed to be doing?" Victoria screamed sarcastically as Miss Florence left the room.

Making Johnathan place his little hand on her stomach trying to copy her breathing. Making her smile when the pain went away. Which made him smile.

" Oh Johnathan you are so much like your father." Victoria says barely above a whisper messing up his hair making him giggle and grab at her hand as she did so.