IIII

Victoria began to send letters to close family with the news she was expecting another child. She sent letters to Francis' parents and her father. Telling them all about how Johnathan was doing and how it wasn't long now until the next heir was born. Today she received a letter and a bunch of flowers back from his parents.

Dear , our Queen and daughter in-law

We are overjoyed that you are with child again. But with Francis' death we know you may be struggling. So that is why we are coming to stay indefinitely because we cannot stay in our cottage knowing you are both raising a one and a half year old and a new born while running both House Demure and the country. We cannot wait to see our Grandson and shall be arriving shortly after this letter arrives to you.

Lots of love Edith and Eric

Victoria smiled and placed the letter back on her desk. She was very excited for Johnathan to meet his grandparents for the first time. Then she realised it would also be her first time to meet them properly as she had heard stories about them from Francis she felt like she had known them for years. But now she was going to finally speak to them in a time where all three of them were overjoyed yet grieving over the loss of Francis. That was the hardest letter to write to his parents as she didn't know how to start. Every time she tried the image of his blood smothering her dress and hands as she tried helplessly to stop the blood flow through tear blurred eyes. But once she did it felt like a weight had lifted from her. It was the first step to acceptance Miss Florence said.

She sat on a blanket by the pond as Johnathan chewed a strawberry. Thankfully he wasn't in a white shirt as Victoria knew he would probably get the red juice all over himself because he was too excited to see the ducks than to make sure the strawberry ended up in his mouth. It made her smile when he shook his hands with excitement at the ducks squeezing the strawberry in his hand as he tried to quack at the ducks. She heard footsteps behind her so she turned and gasped. Standing up from the blanket as they came over to her and gave her a hug.

"It is wonderful to finally put a face to the name." Eric said and Victoria nodded

"Oh , you are more beautiful than I thought. is that our grandson?" Edith asked and Victoria smiled

"yes he is. I warn you know he is eating some strawberries and is quite excited about the ducks. They are his favourite so he might put a mushed up strawberry on you by accident." Victoria explains and Edith laughs

"Don't worry about that, Francis did the same thing when he was about the same age." Edith says and both her and Eric sat down on the blanket next to him

"Johnathan this is your nanny Edith and Grandad Eric. Say hello." Victoria says bending in front of him as she pointed towards them both.

Turning around to see what she was pointing at he stared between both of them for ages and they both waved at him with massive smiles on their faces. Making him turn back to Victoria and crawl into her lap putting his berry stained hands on her making little hand marks. Hiding his head behind her growing bump.

"Say hello Johnathan. Its nanny and granddad don't be shy." Victoria says sweetly and he looked up to her.

"nanny and Grandad." He states and Victoria smiled and he turned to them and waved enthusiastically giggling to himself when they waved back and hid his head back in her side.

"Come on Johnathan go and give nanny and granddad a hug. They are excited to see you. Go and show them your duckies. They are nanny and granddad's favourites." Victoria whispers and Johnathan made a quack noise and turned to the two of them crawling off of her lap and towards them both.

Pointing to the duckies in front of them he screamed " Quack Quack" and began to giggle flailing his arms around when the ducks turned to him and quacked back.

"He is so precious." Edith says as he gives her a mushed up strawberry in her hand.

"He reminds me of Francis so much. I can't wait to see what the new baby will be like." Victoria says and places her hand on her stomach rub It lightly.

"DO you thinks its another boy or a girl?" Eric asked as he gave Johnathan another strawberry making him smash it into face without opening his mouth so Edith helped him.

"I think its a girl. I hope its a girl because. All Francis ever wanted was a little princess he could spoil rotten. He loves Johnathan. But he wanted a little girl so she could have the same strength and spirit as me to continue our legacy."Victoria explains and Edith looks to her stomach.

"In my opinion I think you are going to have a girl. With the way you are carrying so far and the roughness of the beginning of your pregnancy. I think its a girl." Edith says and turns to Eric who is now having Johnathan slapping his hands on his lap.

"I don't know any of this type of stuff. don't ask me. I will be happy just the same as long as the baby is healthy." Eric admits and Victoria smiles softly as the baby kicks lightly.