XXXXVII

Victoria hugged the children tightly as they hid in the basement. Alessandra squirming about wanting to run around and scream like she usually would. Johnathan on the other hand was stoic in her arms his head firmly on her shoulder. Victoria tried to control her trembling hands as best she could for the children's sake but she couldn't. She was scared. As , the smash of the glass happened she rushed to the nursery grabbing the children taking them to the cellar where usually the heretics would be placed.

It was the safest place in the whole house for them to be right now as Victoria closed her eyes. Hearing the rumble of screams and cannon firing on the house. Her heart beat quickened as her mouth ran dry. Squeezing the children tighter which earned a groan from both. Awakening Victoria to remind her she had to hold onto her children. Trying her best to take deep breathes as tears filled her eyes. Johnathan glanced at his mother frowning.

"Take me. leave my wife and son."

Johnathan touched Victoria's cheek gently and she smiled lightly as she continued to steady her breathing. Alessandra snuggled closer to Victoria's dress practically using it as a blanket she had wrapped herself in it so tightly. But Victoria didn't mind as long as she was satisfied she could do whatever she wanted.

"My Queen."

A tear rolled down Victoria's cheek as she kissed Johnathan's forehead. her hands warm and clammy as she continued to hold onto the children for dear life. Jonathan like the little star he was tucked any loose hairs that had fallen across Victoria's face behind her ear. Wiping away each tear that fell with his sleeves just as he had seen his mother do many times. Despite the fear Victoria had bubbling within her Johnathan's actions couldn't help but warm her heart greatly. He was taking after his father's sweet nature whether he was with them or not which is all Victoria could ask for. If this was the end then so be it she thought. She had done her best.

"Why mummy sad?" Jonathan questions twirling a small chunk of Victoria's hair around his wrists

"Sometimes when mummy gets really happy she cries that is all." Victoria lies to her son. he was too young to know the real reason. Maybe he would never know the real reason but she didn't care. His life was almost perfect all the time and that is the way she promised Francis she would make it.

"I cry then?" Jonathan jokes as Victoria laughed shaking her head another tear rolling down her porcelain cheek.

"No darling. You do not need to cry." Victoria states and Jonathan nods as Alessandra starts to fuss pulling at the pleats in Victoria's dress.

Johnathan huffed at Alessandra telling her to shhh in the most polite way he could. Which was placing his finger well his whole hand over his mouth pretending to blow out a candle. Confusing Alessandra completely as she used her favourite word NO. Victoria squeezed Alessandra to get her attention as she huffed a string of NOs at Johnathan. Growing quite the little temper on her. If Francis was alive he would say it was because of Victoria she had that temper. But Victoria wouldn't dispute it. It was her fault completely.

"It is quiet time Alessandra. please. " Victoria calmly told her daughter who in turn huffed quietly. It seemed she was also the little sassy girl too. Which made Victoria giggle slightly. Even though she knew she shouldn't as it would encourage her.

The door to the basement swung open as Victoria hugged the children close to cover them. All three of their heads hung low facing the ground. As , Victoria waited for a sword in her face or the children being grabbed from her but it didn't.

"Your majesty the cost is clear." Mr Alrak booms as Victoria cautiously lifts her head to look a the man as he wiped the blood from his sword.

" We have been informed to take you to Gulliver's house on the other side of the grounds to be safe. Due to the blood shed within the house." Mr Alrak continues and Victoria nods. raising from the floor she picked up Alessandra while she held onto Johnathan's hand.

"Through this way ma'am." Mr Alrak explains pointing to a door Victoria had never seen before that was clearly used for the prisoners so they don't travel through the house when they need to get rid of them.

"Where we going ?" Alessandra pipes up clearly giving up her no moment which Victoria was grateful for.

Did Victoria want to go in the house and see all the blood shed she wasn't sure. But it was clear her army had been trained well. A few bloodied spots covered the pathway leading up the the house as Victoria averted Alessandra's eyes. Johnathan held onto Victoria's hand tightly. As , Mr Alrak walked ahead his sword armed and ready just in case any stragglers decided to spring out on the three of them. Luckily the children couldn't see but Victoria could which calmed her slightly as the three of them clambered into the carriage. A sense of relief washing over her as they began to trot off. A sudden wash of fear rolling over Victoria as she gasped covering her mouth.

"Are you alright ma'am?" Mr Alrak questions.

"Is Miss Florence ok ? Mr Gillingham ? Mr Warwick ?" Victoria begins to ramble as Mr Alrak thinks for a moment.

He wasn't too sure off the top of his head. He thought he might have seen them but he didn't want to say anything set in stone in case it hurt Victoria even more.

"I am unsure ma'am but I can send some one to find out for you." Mr Alrak responds as Victoria nods.

"I would very much like that please." Victoria mumbles glancing out the window of the carriage as the house began to look more and more like a doll house Alessandra would play with in the nursery. The further they got away from it. Maybe this was goodbye forever or maybe it was only for a few days while they fixed the damages. Who knows.