XIX

Gulliver ran up the stairs of the house and up to Victoria's office with a pile of papers in his hand. Storming into the room without any notice. startling Victoria.

"Oh Gulliver! what do I owe this pleasure?" Victoria asked putting down the papers she was reading.

"I just received some letters from a few of the locals. Thought you might want to read them." Gulliver says handing the two letters to her as she looked at them with confusion.

Placing one on the table she took the other in her hands and began to read.

Dearest Victoria

You are the vision of a woman your mother always dreamed of. She knew you would be a perfect Queen running your own kingdom. But I write to you on behalf of the town. The people are starving and there isn't anything we can do about it. The Elise family have declared ownership of half of all the crops we make so there is not enough to ration around to the families. The people feel helpless and when they try to flee the soldiers are waiting on the outskirts of the town ready to either kill or arrest them. Please do something your our last hope.

Your Aunt Lilibeth

Victoria placed the paper on the table and ran her hands through her hair. Taking a deep breath. Closing her eyes. Opening them again to see Gulliver stood trying to figure out her thoughts.

"What soldiers do we have on sight at the moment ?" Victoria asked

"I will have to ask Davison. But off the top of my head we have at least one hundred and a few horses in the stables." Gulliver says and Victoria nodded

" Do we have any crops in the gardens?" Victoria asked and Gulliver nodded

" Tell Mr Gillingham to make up a banquet and what ever crops we have left over from the harvest box up for the families. We can't allow the people to starve. Especially the children." Gulliver did not reply he knew he had to remember all of her wishes because one wrong move and they could be in serious trouble.

" Also send the soldiers over to send the Elise family out. If they have a problem tell them to send their advisor here and we can discuss it. This type of behaviour will not happen under my watch of the country especially just before they all come for my crown." Victoria says and Gulliver nods bowing as he leaves.

Victoria then picks up the other letter.

My Love

When you read this it is because we have won the crown and are about to face the first battle of the crown wars. We did it and our beautiful son was there to witness it. I hope we have more children in the future. Enough to build our own empire in this game and make ourselves indestructible. I love you so much and I know we are going to reign over this country and house forever.

F

A tear fell from her eye and onto the paper causing a spot on the a paper. Tracing her finger along the words she could practically feel him writing this. Wanting to thank Gulliver for keeping it. It broke her heart knowing this was probably one of the last things he had written before he died. Before he knew about the beautiful twins he was to father. She had just got to a point where she didn't cry every time she looked at her babies and saw their little blue eyes and fair hair. She read the letter a further two times and she could hear him reading it to her . Giving her the strength she needed to continue their legacy and keep ahold of the crown through the crown wars and show all the families the Demure family was not to be messed with.

When she had composed herself she placed the letter in the draw of her desk to keep it with her. Wiping her eyes she rose from the desk and headed down to the kitchen to see what was going on. Miss Florence was in the nursery with all three children playing games to keep the occupied while Victoria was busy. The kitchen was alive with people vegetables were all over the counters being prepped and cooked. Mr Gillingham stood over a large cooking pot that he was stirring continuously. A few of the other cooks were walking around the kitchen with trays of bread and potatoes. There were boxes upon boxes of vegetables ready to be given to the people. Miss Williams rushed over to Victoria and she smiled at her.

" The people of the town are in the guest house if you would like to see them." Miss William said and Victoria nodded.

" I would love to. Can you ask Miss Florence to bring the children to the guest house. " Victoria says and Miss William nodded and headed off.

Other cooks decided to start take the cooked food and boxes to the guest house ready to serve the banquet soon. When Victoria walked in the guest house it went silent. Everyone stared at her and didn't want to say any thing. Then suddenly everyone either curtseyed or bowed to her and she didn't know what to say. One small children ran over to her and their mother tried to grab their arm but they managed to slither out of it.

Victoria bent down to their height and he enveloped her in a massive hug and squeezed her tight. Making Victoria smile. His voice barely above a whisper when he said " Thank you." .

" The pleasure is all mine darling. " Victoria says and the little boy hugged her again and ran off to his mother.