XXXX

Glancing at the vase of flowers on her dressing table she couldn't help but smile. They were glorious and to think he pulled them from her own grounds was even more special. Most royals would have someone killed for pulling up their flowers beds but she thought it was rather sweet of a gesture. Not only were they beautiful , they reminded her that she still ruled this land. Touching the carnation gently she breathed in its sweet scent.

"Oh sorry ma'am I did not mean to intrude." Miss Riley says curtseying in Victoria's direction but she didn't mind at all.

"It is fine I was just admiring the flowers. They are magnificent." Victoria admires them further like they were a new born baby or a crown adorned with the most magnificent jewels.

"Not as magnificent as you ma'am." Miss Riley remarks as Victoria blushes at the nice compliment.

Miss Riley begins to brush Victoria long hair as gently as possible. She had learnt that the royals shouldn't even feel you doing their hair. It should be like magic and thus she barely pulled the brush through her silky strands. She too was entranced by the flowers never seeing such wonderful things let alone be in the presence of them. Due to the demands of her job she hardly ever saw anything outside of the House so to see the flowers that grew within the grounds in person was a treat.

"Ma'am you do know what these flowers mean ?" Miss Riley questions hoping she hadn't overstepped her boundaries with Victoria.

Victoria glances up at Miss Riley in the mirror hoping she didn't mess up anything she was doing. Frowning slightly at her , she was very unsure where she was going with this. But needed to know what she meant.

"I've said too much." Miss Riley admits pinning a piece of Victoria's hair behind her ear so it blended into her bun.

"Go on." Victoria asks almost begging for Miss Riley to explain what she meant. Miss Riley however shook her head wishing the ground would swallow her whole. Maybe she was wrong and they were just flowers but she knew different.

Her Grandmother was a keen florist and wanted to desperately pass the trade onto her grandchildren. So , she was taught what all the flowers meant , what they liked , what they disliked so she could nurture any flower she came across. But , obviously Miss Riley didn't want that to be her job working in the big house at the end of the street for the royals took her fancy more. Luckily Victoria made her one of her personal servants and thus she spent her life within the walls of the most prestigious families in the country. Miss Riley bit her lip shaking her head. If she wasn't in trouble now she sure as hell would be.

"Well ... um ... maybe I am wrong ... but umm ... the tulips mean ummm ... " Miss Riley rambles trying to get the words out but her brain had put a mental block on her.

"What is it Miss Riley. Should I be worried?" Victoria questions her heart began to pick up in pace as her mind started to wander. What did they mean. Was he warning her about something. Were they poisoned or something.

"I am unsure ma'am.But I think he is admitting his love for you ma'am." Miss Riley mumbles

Victoria glanced down at her hands the moment the words fell from her lips. Her palms sweating slightly as her cheeks began to heat up. What did she do with this information. She wasn't sure whether her she was happy or confused. It wasn't like she didn't think he was a wonderful man but was she ready to allow another to pursue her. Especially one that works so closely with her children.

" ma'am I can leave if you would like a moment alone." Miss Riley softly asks hoping she would give her the all clear to leave the room. But Victoria shakes her head.

" I ... I do not know what to do." Victoria mumbles pulling at a pleat on the front of her skirt.

" I think you should speak to him ma'am. My parents always said if in doubt talk." Miss Riley states matter o factly hoping that would help. Since she was the reason Victoria was now all over the place.

" Maybe it is a mistake. Maybe he just picked the beautiful flowers from the grounds. Yes ... Maybe it was an accident." Victoria spoke to herself trying to almost reassure herself that Miss Riley was being silly. That she was dreaming up a fantastical dream where she and Mr Warwick fall madly and deeply in love.

But what Miss Riley didn't see was that underneath the beautiful gowns and crowns Victoria was a damaged and bloodied mother of two. Not usually high on the pecking order for suitors actually wanting her for her. They want the title and her body. But due to his position in the house he could never even try to steal the house crown or the country. So was he being paid to do this. To draw her in close , close enough for the court to ruin her for not abdicating. She wasn't sure if she should take the chance.

"He is in his chambers ma'am if you want to go and see him." Miss Riley says as Victoria takes a deep breathe.

" I shall. Hopefully it will clear my head." Victoria says rising from the seat as Miss Riley stops her.

Fixing a pin in the back of her head that was sticking out slightly. While also fluffing the skirt of Victoria's dress as she subconsciously tapped her foot against the floor at the same speed her heart was going. She wasn't about to shout at Miss Riley for taking her sweet time it was her job but all she wanted to was get to his room. Rushing as gracefully as possible down the corridors and stairs to his chambers on the other side of the house. She knocked lightly poking her head around the door.

"Mr Warwick are you in?" Victoria called through the crack in the doorway.