Hi, Emmett

As the months went by Christina grew huge.  Her baby bump was nearly the size of a watermelon, and probably weighed as much.  She was outgrowing her maternity clothes as fast as she bought them.  But even with the weight gain she was happy that it was all for her little boy.  She loved feeling him move and kick inside of her.  Of course she was now peeing every few minutes like a racehorse but it was worth it.

As for their marriage things were going smoothly.  Robbie was the devoted husband.  He wore his wedding band proudly and wasn't shy about letting every woman that looked at him that he was off the market.  He went off to work in the morning and came straight home to his family.  

"Everything is looking good," the doctor said at a recent visit.  "The baby is doing great."

Christina looked at the screen where the baby's image was.  "Hi, Emmett.  Aww, look at his chubby little fingers.  Look at his face, he's sleeping.  Must be worn out from all the kicking he did all week."

"Wow, he's really getting big

"Wow, he's really getting big." Robbie said as he looked closely.  "Like a giant, that one."

"No kidding," Christina squirmed, looking uncomfortable.  "I'm the one carrying him around twenty four seven.  Are you sure he's okay?"

"The baby is fine," the doctor reassured them.  "Only a few weeks to go, it won't be long now."

Back at home Christina was in the nursery rearranging the items and making sure Emmett had enough diapers and onesies.  She wanted everything perfect and ready for his arrival. 

When Robbie came home he found her rearranging the pictures on the wall while Sandy sat on the baby blue rug and watched

When Robbie came home he found her rearranging the pictures on the wall while Sandy sat on the baby blue rug and watched.  "Geez, busy again?" he said.  "When I agreed that you should take some time off work I didn't mean that you should be on your feet at home.  You're supposed to be resting, not working."

"I want Emmett's room in order," Christina said as she sat down and refolded the baby's layette.  "Once he's here I'm not going to have time to run out and get anything."

"It's called online shopping," Robbie said.  "You know, that thing you do every other week."  He took the tiny shirt from her hands.  "Why don't we take a break and go to Five Guys for your usual bacon cheeseburger with everything?"