Prologue

Sun rays illuminated the room as little Anessa Cade adorned in her white dress played with a few dolls in her room while her older brother of eight years, Liam roamed the pack house down below. 

Alone in the pack house were the two as everyone else was too engrossed in a meeting about rogues not too far outside but guards were close nearby as they patrolled. 

The silence evaded as rattles met her ears suddenly making her rise to her feet and descend downstairs with her little doll clutched closely to her chest. 

Her brother's screams deafened her ears as her speed quickened to the kitchen where Liam was in between the vicious and rabid teeth of a midnight black rogue wolf with black irises. 

Her feet glued to the floor, her eyes rheumy as she witnessed the predicament with a terrified state. 

Liam's eyes drowned in tears as he begged the wolf to stop, to let him go but the wolf would only sink his teeth slowly into his young flesh. 

She stood mortified in her place when the room erupted with cracking and her brother's screams began to slowly disappear. 

Her eyes hazy, her body dizzy as her mother caught her and the father lunged at the wolf. Liam's body dropped as his mother rushed to his side. 

All she could do was scream for her son surrounded by a pool of his own blood; she knew then and  there that there was no saving him no matter how hard they tried. 

Her husband's bloody hands wrapped around her crying state as he pulled her into his chest and mourned their now dead son. 

Little Anessa was still on the floor sobbing for she knew that by her mother's sobs, her brother was gone and she was left burdened with the thought that it was all her fault. 

The father's claws were evident, he was beyond angry, he felt as though the rogue's death wasn't satisfactory.  

He wondered why the Moon Goddess made them endure such a tragedy, she took away a young life, a future Alpha. 

Word spread through the Barbaric Shadows Pack, now they were all angry, all mourning the death of their future Alpha but as proper yet unbelievable safety precautions, all kids over the age of seven, were forced to engage in fighting or self defense classes, however, being the daughter of an Alpha, little Anessa was destined to learn to fight at the tender age of six. 

Ever since that day, she was broken. Ever since that day, it was just the beginning of the ruthless she wolf. 

---

This is just the beginning. 

How did you like the prologue? Are you excited for the story to unfold? 

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment. 

See you in the next chapter, Bri <3