~(11)~

Anessa

That exclamation from my father startled everyone making them turn their heads towards him for an explanation for his outburst. 

"What are you doing here?! GET OUT!" Brian and Kyle immediately held him back from pouncing on an unfazed Scott but unfortunately, my father was able to put his former Alpha skills to use, grabbed Scott by his shoulders and then proceeded to throw him towards the nearest wall. 

My mother's gasp exulted from her lips as she grabbed my father from behind and I rushed to Scott to protect him from my raging father. 

Kyle and Brian stood protectively on instinct in front of the two of us with their canines erupted and glowing eyes present. It's more like they were protecting my father from me. I looked ready to kill as anger and vengeance flowed through my veins relatively fast. 

With my claws exposed, I looked ready to pounce and kill anyone who dared to even touch Scott.

My mother's expression is what saddened me the most, from her eyes, I could tell that my composure was menacing, she was scared maybe even frightened but wasn't she the one that wanted me to find my mate? 

"Anessa? What are you doing? That's his godd#mn son!"

I apparently didn't look fazed by his remarks but the real question is, who is he talking about?

My stance remained firm, my eyes held that still look of overflowing anger and my head was held high with confidence for I was standing my ground and protecting my mate from the man I called my father. 

"That was his doing, not mine." My mate's cough at the end made me whimper slightly, this only added to my destruction that I so wanted to put into action. 

His hand intertwined with mine; he was healed already and it soothed me to a position where my nose nudged his for comfort and pleasure. 

"He was banished by his brother, he became a rogue and a psycho. His brother had no children but I was of his own blood, so I became the Alpha of the Evening Night Walker Pack. My actions do not mirror the actions of my psychotic father and believe me, I am truly sorry for the loss of your son, Liam." 

Wait, his father killed Liam? My brother Liam?

"I still hate him! I hate you and your whole blood line trailing back centuries. If they hadn't been born then my son wouldn't be dead! He would be alive and well by my side!" Even with all the time that passed, anyone could still see that we missed Liam as though he died yesterday. 

My father then resorted to crying in my mother's shoulder as they both took a seat on the sofa and cried together. 

The tension was no longer thick but awkward. Brian and Kyle moved from in front of me and trailed to the opposite side of the room and watched me bend down in front of my mom and dad and cry with them. 

What can I say, birds of a feather flock together. 

"Mom? Dad? He isn't the same person, he didn't kill Liam, he had nothing to do with his death and neither did the rest of his family. If I can accept my own mate for being the son of the man that killed my brother, why can't you? I get that we were all directly affected as well as the pack but he didn't do it, hating him and his family is cruel. Please, I beg you, just think about it. For me? Please?" I can't have my family hating my mate, it's just preposterous. 

"Okay honey, we'll think about it." My mom's hands cupped my cheeks and wiped a few salty tears that cascaded down my cheeks whilst I took my dad's hands into my own and waited for his response. 

"I still don't like him." He whispered with a soft smile. Well, at least he didn't say the word 'hate', it's a start. 

Hands engulfed my waist as Scott emerged from behind and towered over my frame with a smile and a kiss on the top of my head. 

Though my dad shot daggers at Scott still, he was able to put away a few differences and could actually be near him without any further growling and urges to kill. 

It's been a little over ten minutes since they've left the room and us four have been left to sort out differences maturely and by sort out differences maturely, I mean Scott and I talking whilst Brian and Kyle glared at him for being in the pack house. 

"So Ness," Brian and Kyle both growled lowly at this, "I was wondering that since we are both Alphas, and surely neither of us are ready to leave our packs, maybe just maybe we could join?" 

This turned three heads with harsh growls from two and a confused 'hmm' from the other. 

Now, three heads looked at me for an answer and boy did I feel pressured. 

"You're right, we should but we just met and we should wait a little. I mean, I would be glad to, however, I want the best for my pack and I'm certain that you do to." 

"Nice save, Ness." Brian snickered along with Kyle at my explanation. 

"Hey..." He grabbed my chin, disrupting me from fiddling with my fingers and captured my eyes in his beautiful ones. This isn't something that I was accustom to, never was I nervous around anyone and I mean anyone. I guess that having a mate really does change the person you really are for sometimes better and other times for worst. 

"It's understandable don't worry. How about we spend some time back at my pack land and you get to meet my pack?" 

"I think that sounds plausible-"

"It definitely does not!" I swear that sometimes their in-sync moments scare me. 

"Anessa, you can't just pick up and leave especially with all that's been happening! The pack needs you! We need you!" Brian tries to persuade me to decline the offer but he is totally unaware of my pure intentions and commitment towards this pack. 

"That's exactly why I'm doing this. It's another alliance, meaning that we have an even better chance of winning now with his pack on out side." I am going to do what's best for this pack and if he can't see that, it's too bad. 

They both knew my statement exploded with logic and by their clear frowns, I could tell they knew I was right and this surprised me. They are always so adamant on their ideas and never take no for answer, even against me. All these weird occurrences have not only damaged our pack and troubled our minds but it has drastically changed out personalities for the worst. 

"When shall leave?" My thumbs caressed the knuckles of his hand waiting for the well needed response like all three of out lives depended upon it. 

"Tomorrow." 

---

So, what do you think? 

What do you want to see happen?

(This chapter was a little rushed though so please excuse me if it doesn't seem as entertaining. Any changes will be made during the week and hopefully, to make up for this chapter, the next will be better.)

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment.

See you in the next chapter, Bri <3