~(39)~

Unknown

It's happening; it's finally happening. It's only a matter of time before one of them wins the war and takes his place on the golden throne in the sky. From then on, we could only imagine if we are to live in harmony and peace with one another or fear for our lives as many take pleasure in their tyrannical acts.

It's been about three hours since the two both disappeared into the forest without a trace. Once in a while, unidentifiable growls and grunts could be heard by those sitting inches away from the dark abyss that this territory calls a forest.

Majority of the werewolves here were rooting for Seth; they had high hopes that when he wins, he would offer them a place at his right side and watch together as they plunge the world into endless darkness and evil.

Kyle and Anessa's hopes did not go unnoticeable though; the two were captured into the musky cell as they counted down the seconds of the apparently long battle. The two could only blame it on their god-like strengths which allowed them to fire powerful punches, strike excruciatingly painful kicks and heal at a pace unknown to any human or werewolf.

"Kyle? What happens if-"

Kyle immediately knew what she wanted to say and shushed her, "I wouldn't let that obstreperous imbecile lay a tiny strand of fur on you, Ness. I just can't believe that all this time it's been him. At first it's kind of hard to wrap your head around but in the end, it all makes sense."

Anessa began to ponder her thoughts as well and permitted Kyle to continue his explanation, "Think about it; his unhealthy obsession with you, his lengthy disappearances, and the most obvious one of them all, his crystal clear hatred for Adonis as soon as his bruised and battered body was brought into the pack house."

It was indeed an amazing explanation and Anessa had no intention of disagreeing, "I just can't believe that the person we thought we knew so well could be a completely other person with such malicious intentions for the world."

"There was evil brewing right around us and we didn't even notice. Most of what we've faced has had to do with this prophecy that will decide the world's future. Everything has been planned for hundreds of years and there we were thinking we could stop it."

"We never knew just like how I never knew that I was meant to be something more than just the first female Alpha; I was meant to make a choice and stand by the side of the winner of this fight and rule alongside them."

"Would you really rule if Seth is the one you have to stand beside?"

"If in the near future it happens, then I will have to."

"I don't want his filthy hands anywhere near you. Anessa, he can corrupt you; you're supposed to be this pure role model that the world is supposed to learn from and mimic."

"My time on this Earth has tripped me of all the purity that was embedded in my bones, Kyle. If I'm supposed to be this pure celestial being then why did my brother die? Why did he have to suffer such a terrible fate?"

"I can't answer your questions, Kyle."

"But maybe I can."

Their faces were completely astonished as I revealed myself through the silver bars of the cell; I would have laughed and rolled on the floor if my time to complete this task wasn't so short.

"How-"

"I don't have time right now to answer your questions but when I restore you to a safe place then I will tell you why I had to suffer such a cruel fate."

My body transported into the cell and my hands worked on muscle memory as I broke them out of the chains with little to no noise.

"We have to move silently and quickly if the rest of the prophecy is to occur. Seth and Adonis' heightened sense of smell will be activated once they smell you going further and further away from the cell. When that does happen, the two will race back here and finish the fight in front of a raging audience."

Each time it gets easier as I lead them out of the cell but somehow, Seth just always manages to ruin my plans. Let's just hope that Adonis followed through on what I told him to do.

It wasn't long before their powerful paws imprinted large and deep footprints into the innocent Earth. Their howls begged her to step forward and as expected as well as planned, she walked to them in almost like a trance like state.

Her figure stood slightly closer to Bates, Seth's wolf and slowly but surely, this angered Maxim to a point where anyone within range would feel the radiating heat from the fury that was manifesting within him.

"Even unintentionally, she knows who she belongs to." Seth's voice could be heard in everyone's head as they looked onward at the sight that was about to unfold.

As Maxim was commencing to pounce, Anessa's had pierced a cocktail of pacifiers and magical sleeping herbs into Bates' body but before he suffered any fatal damage, he raised his paw and whipped her body in the air to where she collided with a tree and landed harshly on the ground with a large thud.

Though the new plan didn't look as though it worked, it did. Anessa being seriously injured was a calculated risk that she was surprisingly willing to take.

I remember her words clearly, "I am meant for something greater; I will change history."

Now, Bates' body was a little unstable as it constantly stumbled over its paws and failed to regain its original balance. This is where an opportunity presented itself for Maxim as he pounced on Bates' back and tackled him to the floor.

Many wanted to intervene as they realized he was about to defeat Seth but a blue light shone down from above and made a makeshift dome which served as a protective barrier between the angry wolves and the fight.

Seth was reluctant to lose though; the injection was removed from his body and he could now fight with a clear head.

Kyle and I both cursed under our breaths as we watched Bates restrain Adonis underneath his paws, ready to set history back on track.

Suddenly, a small light emitted from between the two as it gradually increased in size and soon, the barrier was destroyed and Bates' body was stranded in the forest.

Maxim's body seemed to have increased in size as there was this golden aura that surrounded him.

Seth revealed his blood bathed body as he limped through the clearing of the trees but his body dropped to his knees. Maxim walked closer to Seth and forced him to look him dead in the eye for him to know who actually won this fight.

"I won't kill you." Yet again, everyone could hear Maxim's sympathetic voice in their heads.

At once, Seth began to laugh obnoxiously loud.

Before anyone had the chance to question his unexpected behaviour, a black shadow moved swiftly towards Maxim and began to shred him apart.

I guess we won't the only ones who thought of changing history.

Bates was then knocked onto the floor by a raging Anessa as her powerful aura glowed brighter than Maxim's.

She was taking charge like the Goddess she was meant to be; like the Goddess she was supposed to be.

"Stand down." Her voice was unusually soft but nonetheless, he listened and like everyone else, he bowed down to her.

This has never happened before; there was a new winner to this fight.

---

There is only one chapter left guys and then it's on to book two! I can't wait.

What do you think about the chapter?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment.