~(7)~

Anessa

It's been three hours since the attack on the school by those wolves and I am fully healed from the hectic battle that I fought with them. I can hear the chatter of voices from down below slightly bickering about the current task at hand, finding out how those wolves intruded on our territory without getting detected plus why their movement is so silent and unexpected. 

Slowly, I descend the hard wood stairs with my hands combing through my wet hair when two new voices arrive shouting and almost ambushing me at the bottom of the steps. Brian and Kyles' bear hugs were sometimes too much for me to handle and this was one of those times. I could clearly see the worry and concern in their eyes as well as their voices. 

"I knew we shouldn't have left." Kyle shakes his head immediately taking this upon himself. 

"Did anyone die? And I swear if this is because of that Adonis character I will ki-" 

"Brian... No one died and we don't know if it's Adonis' fault as to why they showed up. Look, the doctor is trying to figure out the autopsy and the witnesses from the school are here waiting  for an explanation, so if you would excuse me." 

"Yes but are you okay?" 

"Kyle, I heal quicker than any werewolf known to werewolf kind, you know that, both of you guys know that so there is no need to worry." True story, I don't know why I can, I just do, I consider it as a pure blessing given by the Goddess herself. 

"Alpha? It's magic." Derek all watch the glimpses of disbelief on our faces as he looks to continue, "There are some green marks on the skin, I have experience with witch craft to know this plus, this would explain why their scent or movement couldn't be sensed and why their contact with the window was silent. Here look." 

One of the warriors from the school well known as Nick hands him a frying pan,  Derek grabs it firmly in his hand and then he proceeds to bang the pan against all of the five corpses with each making no sound, just a red circle is left due to the harsh impact. Afterwards, he bangs the pan on the bed head and surely, it makes a sound, the sound it should make whenever an object is connected with it. 

"So witch craft has come into this now?" I can sense Kyle's frustration from this confusing situation. 

"Yes, let me show you the marks. Wait, that wasn't there before." We all look at the body he is currently holding, it's like a tattoo was sealed into his skin in the best calligraphy in the form of an 'E'. 

"Quick check the rest of the bodies." We are all rampaging the bodies at this point searching every crack and  crevice of their bloody naked body and believe me, I have done worse. 

"I have an 'A'." Remy, another warrior announced as he showed everyone in the room. 

"It's beginning to look a lot like 'DEAD' or 'DEATH'." Brian sighed stating the obvious. 

"We need to summon all pack members that are fourteen and up for a meeting, something's happening." 

...

The Shadow Hall is now packed with the requested pack members all in one place and in quite a murmuring state as to why a pack meeting was abruptly announced. Kyle, Brian, my parents and I are on the stage waiting to speak whilst more of them pile in with concern in their eyes. 

"Good evening pack members. I called you all here to announce something serious that the whole pack is becoming apart of. Earlier today, our school was ambushed by a pack of wolves that stepped foot onto this land unknowingly due to witch craft, that's why they could neither be sensed nor smelt. No worries though, they are all dead and one of them was sent back injured as a message to whoever their leader was. Also, a while back a box showed up at the pack house, inside was the letter 'D' written in an intricate calligraphy, one that many packs have mastered and today, two more letters arrived on the bodies in a tattooed form and in the same script." 

Murmurs erupted, it was a handful of information that I just informed them on so their outburst was kind of expected. 

"What were the two letters?" One of the older pack members asked from the back of the hall. 

"'E' and 'A', we believe that these letters are apart of something bigger, a word, words or maybe even a sentence. Currently, we believe that the letters spell the word 'DEAD' or have something to do with that word. 

"Why are you telling us this information now and not when the first letter arrived?" Another question but this time from a pregnant woman that was seated in the front staring up at me waiting for my answer. 

"I decided that it was nothing to worry about and it could be handled in my own hands but whatever it is has invaded on my pack, your territory and threatened to kill my members. I am telling you now because we need to be at our strongest if anything is to happen and we al-" 

I am silenced by a few gasps along with movement back by a few people. An elderly, well known as one of my old teachers, Martha was trembling terribly and her eyes were closed as well as her clenched fists. 

Suddenly, her chair is flung back to the few behind and she heads towards one of the cream walls where her claws and canines erupt. My legs work as I jump from the stage onto ground  and run towards her but she holds her clawed hand up telling me and all others the stop. 

The wall is illuminated by a bright blue from her eyes as her claws connect with the paint from the wall immediately flaking it off with many curls and thick and thin lines. She turns towards us, directly in front of the writing to block out view. 

Everyone is scared by her sudden outburst, I can tell by all of their palpitating heart beats and by the way they keep their distance. 

Unexpectedly, she drops revealing an 'I' in the same calligraphy script as the other three letters. 

Everyone is escorted out of the room unwillingly as Brian takes a picture of the writing on the wall whilst Kyle is helping Martha to one of the beds in the pack house where she can  rest  from the past fiasco. 

"It can't be dead or anything to do with that. It's something else of a puzzle that we have to figure out, that we need to figure out. Martha needs to be questioned." 

---

So, yet another letter. 

What do you think is going to happen?

What do you want to see happen?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment.

See you in the next chapter, Bri <3