~(2)~

Anessa

It's been one year as Alpha of the Barbaric Shadows Pack so far and let me tell you, it's hectic but nothing that I can't manage. I guess it comes with practice, that's what my father keeps telling me over the phone for the past year whilst he was on his vacation along with my mom. Hopefully they come back soon, I miss them, I haven't seen them in a year but they definitely deserve it after all the amazing work they've done with the pack. 

Currently, I am now entering the kitchen after my morning run where my two best friends are seated. They have been by my side since day one, one more than other so it was only fair that I let them be beside me through my reign as well with Kyle being the Beta and Brian the Gamma. They were both sons of fathers who had the role before so it was inevitable to have them inherit it but I was extremely honoured.

"Hey dudes, what's for breakfast?" I slip into the seat opposite them as they munch on a freshly killed lamb on the table. My mouth curled into a smile as I ripped a satisfactory piece and began eating.

I savoured it's deliciousness with a moan and an eye roll. One piece turned into another and another and long story short, we went on a quick run to kill another animal to devour. Since the bull was bigger than most we've seen, we mind linked some other pack members to have a bloody meat feast. 

"What are you doing today Ness?" Kyle asked as the other pack members began to either exit or to roam around the pack house. 

"Brian and I have a training session  with a few warriors." 

"Yeah, on that note, what are we doing? The same old same old or should we switch it up a bit?" Brian was currently cleaning the blood on his face as he awaited my answer. 

"Switch it up. It's not good when it's a routine but we will stick with the warm up as a run just lengthen the time."

"Okay sounds good and I guess we will think of everything else out there?" 

"Yeah, do what we do best. Improvise." 

"Plans just never work with us do they?" Kyle questions as we all think back to about a month ago when we all planned an attack for rogues that were going to invade and we never followed it. 'The failed ambush' as the packs like to call it. Though none of my pack members died, many were outraged that the plan was not solidified, however, they did do it respectfully. 

"There are four parts to any plan. Brainstorm, execute, dismiss and improvise!" We all shout out our plan mantra with out fists striking the air, something we always do and made up ever since that fight. 

"What are you doing Kyle? Border patrol?" I asked as I got up from the chair to wash my hands in the nearby sink. 

"Well it's what you ordered me to do." He replied in a duh tone as if I was supposed to know and in retro spec, I should have. 

"Okay, okay, easy there I forgot. Anything suspicious at the border? Any intruders?" 

"Nope. They would have to have a death wish to cross our borders." It's true, ones that cross, cross with a purpose. Everyone knows where we are so they don't accidentally cross our territory and you know...die but we always interrogate and if we find you guilty, you're dead, it's that easy and simple. 

"Are you ready to go?" Brian looks my way as he is already ready with a clean pair of trousers over is olive skin and his brown hair in a clearly disheveled state. 

"Yeah one sec." I wave him off as I tie my long black hair in a pony tail and fix my exercise clothes on my tan skin. 

When I finish, I catch Brian and Kyle staring at me with their beautiful eyes that I admire so much I mean Kyle's eyes are ocean blue but Brian's are bipolar, depending on emotion, it's either a light green with brown specs or full on brown, it's adorable.