~(6)~

Anessa

Yet another one of my everyday runs was completed on the always sunny Shadow Creek with the amazing view of the whole territory. To me, it's one of the best places to think about everything because of the astounding nature sounds and the fresh air to give that tranquil frame of mind. 

It was about six in the morning when I first stepped foot outside and ran to Shadow Creek, now, it's nearing ten, the usual time when the breakfast would be prepared at the pack house so I decided to run back. 

Entering the kitchen, three recognizable voices sounded, the ones of Kyle, Brian and the human we found, Adonis Evans. The three were all gathered around the table surrounding a plate stacked high with a mountain of blueberry pancakes with bacon and eggs on another plate. Not a freshly killed animal but it will be over soon and I'll be able to eat bloody meat again. 

The three pairs of eyes turned to my perspiring figure and Kyle and Brian nodded whereas Adonis gave a small smile. My act was not forgotten as I took a seat next to him to not look suspicious. 

"Good morning Kyan, Adonis and Gideon." My voice was a little too perky for my liking but just the same like when I spoke to Adonis last. 

"What are you ta-" Brian's voice was quickly silenced and replaced by a screech, Kyle had fortunately stepped on his foot before he revealed anything too crucial. 

"Hi Olivia. How was your run?" Kyle or 'Kyan' asked me trying to switch the topics. 

"Yeah. How was your run?" Slowly but surely, Adonis was no longer confused and was waiting for my answer like everyone else. 

"It was good. Great to get that blood pumping every morning." I took another bite out of my pancake and drizzled a bit more syrup on the dry ones underneath. 

"Every morning?" Adonis looked as though he was trying to comprehend something like it was not common to run every morning. 

"Yeah, it's to get a better blood flow and to properly function for the rest of the day." I casually took another bite. It's probably not normal for humans to run every day I guess, after all, we are werewolves. 

"Did you leave at six for your run? I thought I saw you when I was standing by the window."

I had no other choice but to answer truthfully," Yes, that was me!." What's the worst that could happen? 

"You'd have to be out running for at least four hours...That's not human." He mumbled. All of our breaths heaved quickly and Brian almost choked on his eggs and bacon, "Or maybe it probably is. I guess it is since you can do it." No it isn't

"That's really impressive though. I run every three days and do other exercises when I'm not. I wish I could run every day. How do you do it?" I guess that explains his muscular body. 

"Some people are just different I guess." Adonis nodded in understanding whilst the other two nodded at my eloquent response because let's admit it, it was, I didn't even hesitate. 

"Hey Adonis?" 

"Yeah Kyan?"

"When are we going to leave?"

"I'm not sure, anytime is fine with me I guess." 

"The earlier the better." I mumbled but it came out in a scowling tone making all the boys look at me, "I mean, there might be traffic and we have a lot of duties to take care of and may not be able to drop you off when you want so it's best to probably go after breakfast." Good one. 

"I think that's suitable for me." Thank God he's leaving. 

The rest of the breakfast didn't last long since there was only slight conversation with him and well mostly with the three of us through out mind-link. After eating, both of the boys left with Adonis to drop him off somewhere not too far away from here but with the traffic downtown, it was going to be a somewhat time consuming venture and I didn't have the time to sit down and relax.