~(37)~

Unknown

Three torturous hours of getting nothing but beaten is what Anessa suffered through. The maniacal glint in Seth's eyes as he continued to kick and scratch her with his claws is what frightened her the most. Throughout it all, she had doubt in her mind, 'Maybe I shouldn't have chosen Adonis.'

This thought encircled her mind ever since he laid the first powerful blow to her stomach in less than a second. There was something in her mind though; it was something foreign, a voice or a feeling that assured her that she had made the right choice but she just didn't know why.

'If it's the right choice, then why am I here getting beaten?'

The voice couldn't offer an answer as Seth furiously kicked her repeatedly without a sliver of remorse. She still didn't understand what was happening yet; Anessa was always the last one to recover her memory.

It was something that Seth had previously done; he thought that if she didn't remember who either of them were that he would have a chance to deceive fate but each and every time the prophecy unveiled, it proved to be something that shouldn't be messed with.

He still didn't understand the sanctity of what was supposed to happen; what was meant to happen. Each time he remembered each recurring event and would somehow manage to change it but it was never for long; he would always end up losing.

Each time she chose him, the beatings got worse. Pent up anger and hatred probably? Finally, he has felt satisfied with the amount of blood that surrounded her damaged body and walked out of the prison cell with a blood soaked shirt and a clenched jaw.

Once the beating had ceased, she was allowed to fully heal in peace; something she had been trying to do for the last three hours.

'It's all part of what's supposed to happen.' The voice whispered in her head.

'What's supposed to happen?' She wanted to ask but she felt the voice quickly disappear into the endless dark abyss of her mind.

Perhaps the voice hadn't completely disappeared because she heard a faint whisper in the back of her mind somewhere, 'Come save me Adonis.'

It wasn't just said but chanted, it seemed as though the voice in her head was accustomed to saying it. Anessa couldn't stand what the voice was saying; not once had she relied on anyone to come and rescue her and now definitely wasn't going to be the time.

"I will save myself.' Maybe parts of history can be changed.

...

"We need to figure out where she is. A pack is vulnerable without its Alpha and rogues are starting to get wind of this."

It's been almost two weeks since Anessa disappeared and well, the pack has undergone more than just pure hell. Rogues have been joining forces and tried multiple times to invade the pack's territory; a few even managed to trespass a few metres into the territory before they were mauled by angry wolves.

"Adonis, has the Moon Goddess contacted you? Have you contacted her?"

"Yes she has and yes I have but all she tells me is about some prophecy that must unfold and that it's going to happen right this time." Kyle had a confused expression etched on his face as Brian urged him to say more with that mysterious look in his eye.

"What do you know about it, Adonis?" Brian prodded.

"Well, from what Maxim tells me," Brian suppressed a ferocious growl and continued to listen, "It's something that has been recurring for centuries and will continue to occur for centuries to occur until the prophecy is fulfilled. Apparently, something, I don't know what, always goes wrong and the prophecy restarts until it has come to the end."