~(16)~

Anessa

"What do you mean by you saw an 'A'?" I swear Kyle sometimes just wants to get on my nerves. Either that or he really is too tired to care and by the looks of his facial features, I think it's the latter. 

"I mean that it just appeared and faded gradually." His eyes narrowed at my explanation; I could tell he was having a hard time trying to at least understand it. 

"That's weird." I could see his tired eyes droop on him slightly through the liquid crystal glass screen but he instantly jolted awake as though electricity surged through his veins a few seconds ago. 

"Uh huh!" I was trying to comprehend it myself to be completely honest. 

"Were there any more letters?" I was glad that there were no more letters but I need them to figure out this puzzle. 

"No Kyle only the 'A'. What about you?" I was anxious for his answer was a slow response to my question making my nerves quiver slightly. 

"...Nothing here... just a few normal rogues with death wishes that cross the border. And don't worry Ness, everyone here is safe." 

"I have to check sometimes you know. You are the current Alpha after all." 

"Are you implying that I am a bad Alpha?" Now he was very expectant upon my answer, even his nostrils were slightly flaring.  

"Hey you believe what you want to believe." I was now toying with his feelings, I knew he would believe that he was a bad Alpha from his current expression. 

"So you are calling me a bad Alpha!" It was more of an exclamation than a question. 

"Interpret it how you would like to interpret it." He scoffed. 

"Well I interpret it as you calling me a bad Alpha." He was fully awake now as his head whipped to the side along with his hands as his mouth made a 'hmpp' sound that made me beg for air for I lost my breath at his over-dramatic composure. 

"Well if that's how you interpret it." Three. Two. One.

"Hey! You're supposed to give me the reassurance that I so dearly need at this moment in time. Some supposed best friend you are." See what I mean by over-dramatic? 

"Don't blame me, that's Brian's job. Speaking of, where is Brian anyway?" His face faltered immediately. 

"Well, lover boy is hanging out with his mate and he is too busy to hang out with his broski. I mean, how could he do that to me, we were connected in the womb, he is my brother from a different mother. I connect with him on a spiritual level, one that cannot be matched by his mate." Okay, someone's been touched, someone's nerves been touched. 

"Whatever happened to bros before hoes- oh sh#t." 

I glared at him and glowed my eyes for the extra frightening effect even though I wasn't offended. 

"Wait! Not you though! We consider you a bro, you're one of the guys!" 

I raised a brow, "Yeah, like that makes me feel any better." 

"It should though because our circle is a blessing." 

"More like a curse." I muttered. 

"What did you say?" There was a slight edge to his voice, I could easily recognize the underlying threat. 

"Nothing!" 

"Yeah, that's what I thought." 

"Kyle!"