~(36)~

Unknown

"Must I really choose between the two?" The figure behind her nodded her head in a sickeningly slow motion.

"Why? Seth and Adonis are the best of friends, I can't ruin that."

"Anessa, this has to be done; it must be done."

Anessa still didn't understand the concept of this whole debacle and her mother, Diane, sensed this, "Whoever you choose will rule alongside with you after the Moon Goddess releases her title."

"So, am I destined to choose her son?" Her voice was slightly shaky as she spoke these words.

"No, whoever you choose, we decided to not hold a grudge against each other. Just have a fair idea of who you want to choose, whether it is with logic or raw fatal attraction."

Anessa just hoped it would be that easy, unfortunately for her, it wasn't.

"How could you choose him, Anessa? What did I ever do wrong?" Anessa failed to reply as she hacked blood on the cold concrete floor.

"Seth, please stop." Her voice was barely audible but she knew that he heard her.

"How could you even say those words to me? I thought you loved me?" His voice will fill with hurt and not anger.

"Seth, I had no choice." Seth laughed sarcastically.

"You had the choice; it was your choice to make!" Anessa flinched further into the wall.

"Seth, idea of power changed you. What you were planning...I had to stop it."

"You don't love him like you love me."

"No, I don't love you like I love him." Seth was enraged as he grabbed her by her shoulders and threw her against the adjacent concrete wall.

Seeing her blood on the floor wasn't enough for him as he let his anger escape through each slash of her body that he made using his razor sharp claws.

Though she healed rather quickly, he was quicker. Soon, she was injured beyond repair and felt as though hope warped itself away in a distant black hole.

Suddenly, a warm tender feeling coursed through her veins which made the pain a little less unbearable.

"Adonis." From then onwards, she knew she had made the right choice by choosing him however, the real question was, would he be able to save her time?

The awakening after this dream had been the hardest for Anessa. Her dream as she thought she would call it was rather crystal clear and detailed; it seemed more of a memory than a dream.

It befuddled her as to why, Adonis, Seth and her were involved in something that seemed too much like a prophecy to be fulfilled.

Was this the piece of the puzzle she was supposed to solve?

Was history about to repeat itself?

Well, if she didn't know the answer then, she certainly was going to receive it now.

The black wolf himself walked through her cell with a sinister smile etched on his features.

"How's my sweetheart?" The question bounced off of the cold concrete walls and gradually disappeared as if it wasn't asked in the first place.

He stepped closer, "Maybe you didn't hear me," there was an underlying threat in his voice, "how's my sweetheart."

"Tired." This was her one word response as she met his icy black eyes with her silver ones.