~(25)~

"Wait Kyle, slow down- I can't understand what you- STOP TALKING." Kyle was currently rambling to Abigaille and Darius about what happened on Scott's territory but they were having a hard time trying to understand what he was saying. 

"Look, the point is, Anessa isn't who she is when she is with him." Abigaille smiled and squeezed Darius' hand. 

"Well yeah Brian, a mate changes you. You of all people should know and understand that."

"That's not what he means Abigaille!" 

"Okay Kyle, take a seat and let me explain to them." Now, the two parents of the child they didn't even know was in danger were confused. 

"What do you mean Brian, did he change her in some sort of other way? Is it the way I'm thinking about?" Darius looked as though he was on the verge of anger for something not even remotely related to the situation right now. How was Brian supposed to explain to him that his daughter was basically gone

"Errr, it's not that but fortunately yet unfortunately, it's something else."Kyle groaned from his current laying position down on the couch. 

"Just tell them already Brian! We are losing precious time! We need to save her!" Both parents were alerted now as their heads turned back and forth between the two boys for answers. 

"Okay, what I'm about to tell you may want you to go on a rampage but please don't okay? The repercussions could be catastrophic and we don't want to endanger her even more-" 

"Endanger her even more from what!" They were getting annoyed at this point, however, if their daughter was involved, anything they planned to do throughout the day could die a painful death. 

"Yes, mates change you but that's not what I'm referring to? ...Mates don't change everything about you." 

"What are you talking about Brian?" At the edge of their seats, the two awaited his explanation that could possibly break them. 

Brian shook his head, he needed them to understand especially for Anessa's sake. 

"You know how whenever Brian call's Anessa 'Lochness monster'? They nodded their heads and begged Kyle to continue, " Well, she smiled and said it was a wonderful nickname." 

They gasped. This may not sound like something that could identify a a drastic personality change but when you hate a nickname as much as Anessa did, it was. 

"I know!" 

"Are you sure she just wasn't being sarcastic? She does that more times than I could count you know." 

"That's what I previously thought too...it wasn't though. There was no glare in her eyes and she didn't shift to one side like she usually does when she's sarcastic. It was genuine, like she actually meant it... There was this authentic and loving glint in her eyes and she stood erect like she normally does when she's serious or at least telling the truth." 

Their faces contorted, what had he done to their daughter? 

"I knew her going there was a bad idea and for so long? I should have known that little conniving mutt was up to something! He's exactly like his sorry excuse of a father." Darius was... there wasn't even a word to describe it. Not even his wife could calm his anger that was kicked into overdrive. 

"It's not your fault Darius, we all let it happen but eight now, we need to figure out how to stop whatever is happening." Abigaille tried to reason with him, it was helping slightly but that ginormous vein on his forehead said otherwise. 

"Why'd you think he did it? Leverage?" 

"Over us?" It was a possibility in their minds but not to everyone that already knew the reason.