~(18)~

Anessa

Agitation courses through my veins as my right leg bounces up and down on the hospital's marble floor. Here, I burn holes through the door that separates me from my mate as I along with his Beta, Daniel and his Gamma, Darek wait for him. 

"Anessa, you should stop being so anxious, Scott's an Alpha, he'll heal quickly." Daniel tried to console me but this only made me worry more. 

"He should have healed by now, it's been almost five hours. This means that it was fatal, Daniel. How can you possibly tell me to calm down!" Okay so maybe I do need to calm down slightly. 

"Breathe Anessa. Have some faith in the Goddess and just calm down." His Polish accent soothes my thoughts slightly, it proved to be somewhat comforting. 

"Darek's right Anessa, he will get through this, we all know it and I'm sure you can fee it." He's right, I'm just overreacting...I hope. 

Footsteps begin to approach us with slow strides, the distinct step of any pack doctor that mastered how to give medical news to those awaiting it; they really knew how to put us on edge. 

Adrian's hands clutched a clipboard as he overlooked what seemed to be Scott's results. Everyone was standing now, we were all too anxious to see if Scott would overcome this or not. 

"He will be fine, he's an Alpha so he has an advantage to heal quickly. It would help if you were with him in the room though..."

"I told you Anessa." I could just imagine the smirk on Daniel's face, it was one similar to that of either Brian or Kyle. 

"We don't know what caused his mouth to gush blood and why there were black veins littering his body, however, we do know that with his gradually increasing vitals and Alpha strength that he will be back behind the desk in no time." That's really good to hear. 

"That's good to hear Adrian. Thank you." Adrian repeated the words that swiftly rolled through my head.

"No problem Beta." 

"When will you know what caused it?" Darek asked the question that I'm sure all of us were thinking. 

"Our specialists are analyzing the data from the various tests that we took so., hopefully soon." I released a sigh of relief. 

"Can I go see him?" I needed too, my life and his depended on it. 

"Sure, with you next to him, he should be able to heal faster because of the mating bond." Well, if it helps to increase his chances of healing, who am I to disagree? I held back the biggest smirk of a lifetime. 

My hand grasped the cold metal of the door knob only to reveal the intoxicating scent of my injured mate. The lights were off whilst the blinds blocked out the little light that the windows produced. 

He laid there sprawled out on the bed with a blanket covering his lower half, just enough for me to see that the black veins were slowly disappearing into non-existence. 

Pulling the nearest chair, I sat close to him and intertwined his gruff hand with mine. This seemed like the only way for me to touch him to actually help in the healing process, plus, I even thought about all of our memories to help speed up the process. Even if we barely had any, I just put them on a continuous play because I wanted him to be healed as fast as possible. 

He looked so peaceful on the bed, it's been a long time since I've seen him so relaxed and I hate the fact that it took this incident to make him look this way. This angered me, not only are strange occurrences happening on my territory but it's happening on his too and it even endangered his life.