~(32)~

Unknown

For at least two days after his last interaction with the Moon Goddess, Adonis has been isolated in the room which he has decided to call home. Though he gets his food placed outside the door, that's really the only communication he has.

All he does for the whole day is stare out of the window in his room and just try to understand why all of this was happening. Of course everyone sensed him burning holes through their back but what could they do?

To them, he was like a ticking time bomb; something that should not be toyed with. If they had a choice, they rather not be here to see what happens but because the Moon Goddess demands it, they have to.

Meanwhile, Kyle, Brian, Abigaille and Darius all huddled around Anessa's work desk as she sat on her chair with evident bags and an emotionless expression on her face.

"He hasn't stepped out of his room once Anessa. We should at least offer to get to know him first." Anessa grumbled at her mother's reasonable thinking.

"We can offer but that doesn't mean that he's going to accept."

"We should at least try you know? He shouldn't be afraid of all of us if he's supposed to become one of us." Everyone nodded their heads at Abigaille's response.

"Don't you think I've realized that? I've tried to get him out of his room. I've sent numerous people up there but all he does is stay in that room." Anessa's patience was hanging on a thread by now and her family surrounding her held the scissors.

"Maybe we should try a different approach?" Darius offered, "He's supposed to be like what, a masked menace? And dangerous? For the pack's sake, we should at least try to get on his good side so we are not in his line of fire."

"I agree with Darius. How about we give him an offer?" Anessa was curious as to what Brian had in mind.

"And what do you think that should be?"

Brian smiled at Anessa's question and answered almost immediately, "We just have to give him something that he can't say no to."

...

After one hour of trying to concoct what that thing should be and ten minutes trying to ask him, Adonis now sat at the opposite end of the kitchen table with Anessa, Kyle and Brian on the other side.

Anessa was the first one to speak, "I know we said that we can help you figure out as we are trying to know as well but, you need to help as well."

Adonis only gave a small nod as a simple gesture for them to ask him anything that they wanted to know.

"Has the Moon Goddess contacted you ever since you've been here?"

Adonis visibly gulped with the loudest motion, "Yes."

The three weren't stunned by his answer but mostly by his actions.

"What did she say?" Kyle asked as Adonis leant his body against the kitchen table.

"It's not more of what she said but what she did. I was controlled by her... she made me read this book from a bookshelf in the room. It was a green and gold one that was hand written with all of the pack history."

The three slowly nodded and waited for him to continue, "I know about how the werewolves- how you guys were created. I also know about the ranks but there was this one thing that wasn't completely finished..."

Adonis stared off into the distance of the large window as Anessa, Kyle and Brian all looked at each other with curious faces.

"What wasn't completely finished?"

"There was this part about if there was a female Alpha and then the scribe just stopped writing."

They all wore confused expressions, "Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, why?"

"The book never said anything about that."

"Then how come I read it?"

"I'm not quite sure but I do know that you will be of the utmost help to us right now as you have been in the most contact with the Moon Goddess at the moment." Determination dripped from Anessa's voice as they all listened attentively.

Adonis couldn't deny it, after all, she was the one that kept in company in the room during the two days that he stayed in there.

"I've been having these strange dreams or nightmares? I really can't tell. All I can see is the moon with a kind of golden and blue hue around it. Sometimes, it looked as though they were merging together but you could still see the two separate colours. I remember not being in control of my body, it was as though I was somewhat paralyzed or maybe I was just unconscious? I heard numerous muffled voices around me as I just layed underneath the moon with nothing but my eyes opened. I only heard her as she spoke to me with her surreal voice. Everything else was drowned out as images of a little boy were placed in my mind; a little boy that I realized was me."

By the looks etched on their faces, anyone could tell that the three were stunned, intrigued and wanted to know more.

"However, something was different. I don't recognize that memory. I remember running through the forest to a polished wooden cabin where I was lifted by someone with long flowing brown hair."

"Your mother?" Kyle asked as he was trying to piece this whole puzzle together like the other two.

"No but she did love me like a son as I loved her as her mother in the dream. I've never seen her before in my life bit somehow, my mind attached vivid imagery to her and now I can't forget what she looks like. For the past two days, I've been daydreaming and all I can imagine is her reading, singing and talking to me as I laid comfortably and contently in her arms."

"Do you remember what she said to you?"

"She called me her little sweet pea; a name I've never been called in my life and I well, I loved it, I loved her. Who do you think she is?"

They couldn't answer his question as they had no idea themselves, "You know just as much as us."

That was all they could offer As Adonis just stared down at the table in complete silence.

"There's something else."

"What?" They all questioned simultaneously.

"As she held me close to her body, I played with this silver chain which had one pendant on it. It was a silver and blue moon, one that would always glisten in the moonlight whenever we were near a window. She also gave me a pendant herself; it was a golden wolf, one that she would tell me stories about. According to her, it had the silkiest and golden fur that she had ever seen and it had a golden heart. She used to compare me to it; she always said that I was her golden wolf,"

He took a deep breath in, "She always said that I would be her Lupus Auream."

---

Hey! I'm back with another chapter!

Please remember that each and everyone one of these chapters are of great importance to something that is coming!

Anyways, please tell me what you think and don't forget to smash that vote button and to destroy your keyboard whilst typing a comment.