~(38)~

Unknown

"Are you sure this is the way?" Kyle sounded uncertain of their location as he blindly followed Adonis without question.

"I'm pretty sure; it's what the Goddess told me in a dream."

'It's happening, Adonis.' Adonis was no longer confused about this whole ordeal; he was rather ready.

'When?' His eyes held determination and his heart overflowed with righteousness.

'You have to find him, Adonis.'

'How?'

'You've done in thousands of times before. Can't you remember?' He closed his eyes and began searching his new found memories with a fast pace.

'The image is blurry; all I can see is endless trees clogging my vision. They're scraping my arms and they're like a thick cover over my head.'

'You remember more than you should right now; that's more than good.' Adonis smiled; this means that they were hopefully one step closer to winning this overdue battle.

'You must be careful, Adonis. He can't beat you another time; I don't think I can handle it.' Adonis frowned.

'We won't; I won't. I would never let that happen. I've trained and I can honestly say that I was born ready.'

The Moon Goddess wiped her tears and replied, 'You're supposed to be.'

Adonis smiled as well, 'This is the last time you're ever going to have to go through something like this, I promise.'

'There's one thing you must know and I think it's the appropriate time.' Adonis contorted his face as he tried to decipher what she meant.

'What do you mean? What do you need to tell me?'

'Soon, you will feel betrayal; the whole pack will. I cannot reveal the identity of the Nigra Lupus because of certain circumstances but please keep in mind that when he is revealed that you will keep a levelled head and a balanced judgement. The faith of the Earth hangs in the balance as soon as you set your eyes on your opponent. Adonis, I am serious, you must promise me.'

'I promise you.'

"She didn't tell you anything!" Kyle sounded a bit outraged that he probably didn't know his destination.

"She did actually. I read between the lines and I found the destination and the journey from a memory and a clear one at that." Kyle was a bit more relieved now.

"Man, I can't believe Brian doesn't have to do this! I should have offered to stay behind and watch the pack along with Darius." Kyle growled but this comment got a completely different reaction from the Lupus Auream himself.

Suddenly, it just clicked in his mind; his absences, his unjustified hatred towards Adonis, the dark aura that his wolf sensed around him but could not identify, "It's always been him."

It all made sense now, well, it didn't make sense to Kyle, yet, "What's always been him? Who is this 'him'?"

"Brian, he's the Nigra Lupus." Kyle's facial expression said that he wasn't buying whatever Adonis wasn't selling.

"Brian? Really? He would never hurt a fly." Adonis' face remained stoic.

"Think about it; his absences, his varying moods and behaviours towards everyone and then the malicious attitude towards me. He hates me and it all makes sense now."