~(5)~

Approximately five hours later, the boy was finally responding on one of the most comfortable beds of a spare room in the pack house. He stirred in his slumber, groaning every time he would turn due to the friction of the cut and the bandage that caused immense pain, beckoning for him to rise. 

His eyes opened with slightly blurry vision whilst his hand swept away his black hair from his perspiring forehead. His eyes trailed down to his chest, a bandage was wrapped underneath, all the way down to his pants with seeping blood from what he assumed were wounds. 

His hands grasped the soft bed sheets trying to raise his body upwards but due to the tight bandage that embraced him, it seemed quite impossible, however, he managed. His eyes scanned the antique room. In his opinion, it was quite old but he did have to agree that it was definitely appeasing to the eye. 

Something clicked in his brain, he had a sudden urge to know why he was here, what time of day was it, why was he injured, what injured him and most importantly, was he kidnapped. His fair skinned feet touched the cold floor, it was somewhat soothing to him as he gripped the bed to steady his six foot three self. 

He walked towards to only window in the room, it was slightly dark outside, one could see the perfect orange and purple hues of the sunset, even the birds that flew alongside. His eyes lowered a bit, a dimly lit savannah like field came into view with a few people scattered around doing what looked like a few exercises. 

He tore away from the window to inspect the rest of the room, the walls were a blood red with gold royal moulding at its edges, the floor was wooden and slightly cold as he walked further towards the rest of the room's components. 

Some of the furniture was white like the cupboard and the couches and the other things were wooden like the few side tables and coffee tables around. Nearing the wooden bed with red velvety sheets once more, his eyes pierced himself as he stood in the full view mirror examining himself, bags were underneath his eyes, blood crusts were flaking off his fair skin, black leaves hung loosely on his skin and most of all, a big red bandage occupied ninety five percent of his upper body. 

His hands ran through his black silky hair continuously with a little tug of frustration in between as he tried to remember what happened to him but it seemed as though all his thoughts had left him, especially when the fairly large wooden door creaked opened slowly. 

The chocolate brown eyes of Anessa Cade perforated his own as she stood there with her arms gesturing him back to the comfy bed where he was more than welcome to sit on. 

"Hi, I'm Olivia Vanderwalt."

...

Anessa

 "I'm Adonis Evans." He smiled a small one as did I. 

"Why am I here?" His voice spoke again making me look upwards at him. 

"Okay, so this is Camp Sunny Shore and while on a run in the forest, some campers stumbled upon you all bruised and battered with a mild concussion. They brought you here where the doctors took care of you." 

His forest green eyes searched mine for a second then he nodded his head believing my lie.

"How was I bruised and battered?" I didn't hesitate, my mind formulated a believable answer in a matter of seconds, "There was a high hill next to where you fell with rocks at some part and an even bigger rock at the bottom explaining your concussion."

He nodded once more, now it was time for my questions, "If I may ask, how did you end up in the forest?" 

"I think I was on one of my many hikes, I think I tried a new route? I don't really remember." He rubbed his forehead and surely, I trusted his answer, he had lost a good amount of blood so he would be quite disoriented for a while until he healed almost fully. 

"It's okay, we have someone here ready to take you back whenever you want. You do remember where you live right?" 

"Yes I do. Since the forest is not too far from here, it should be  about ten minutes to get to where I live." 

"That's great! Kyan!" As if on discussed cue, 'Kyan' in the form of Kyle walked in the room with dinner on a tray and handed it to Adonis. He expressed his gratitude with a 'thank you' before he began to munch on turkey sandwich.

We left him in silence to recuperate, he needed it. 

"Your acting skills are on point 'Olivia'" 

"Why thank you 'Kyan'. It was quite tiring acting that perky, it's so unlike me, so embarrassing." I really despised the way I acted but with the venue of the place and for the sake of getting answers, I had to be nice, plus, I  couldn't bring out my wolf form for obvious reasons. 

"How's the human?" Brian appeared as he turned the corner and leaned on the wall slightly as he awaited my answer, "He's awake and a bit out of it. He might have to stay here for a while  because he's gravely injured." 

The both of them rolled their eyes, I could practically see their hate for having a tresspassing human here alive and believe me, I hated it too but I had to know why he was here, he may be a threat and I am not willing to hang the life of my pack in the balance. 

"As far as he is concerned," I continued, "he fell down a hill with rocks with an even bigger one at the bottom. Also, I want no wolf behaviour until he is gone, we can't risk his kind knowing about us, I will not have hunters here threatening my pack. I don't want to add to my murder list." 

They nodded, they comprehended everything I said for I was in the right and neither did they want to have hunters here killing everything and everyone they lived for. 

"Is there anything else about the letter we received, is there anymore?" I awaited an answer from either. 

"No but we may know what it is a part of. The elders feel it has something to do with our pack, you know something we do and something we bring all the time."

"Death." I answered, it's true. 

"Or dead seeing that someone maybe out to get us and it's coming together quite nicely especially that mister up there just appeared out of nowhere, I mean, he could be a distraction." Brian ran his hands through his hair and sighed. He really didn't like having a human here, it was sort of strange really. He despised it as I despised acting perky a few minutes ago. 

"You have a point and that's why we have to stay on our toes not paws, we are completely capable of being violent when in our human forms." I shook my head at Kyle but he was right nonetheless.

"Does anyone else know about the incident except the boys, the doctor and us?" 

"Just your parents, they also know about the letter, It was inevitable that they were going to find out about it, Ness." Kyle rubbed my back, I just wanted them to relax and have a carefree life. I guess the Moon Goddess has other plans. 

"I know, I know." Looks like I'm going to have a long talk with them about me not telling them myself, oh boy!

---

What do you think? 

What do you wanna see happen?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keyboard  typing a comment. 

See you in the next chapter, Bri  <3