chapter one

"Ashton are you coming to the after party?" Luke yelled when we were getting off the stage. I shook my head and handed all electronics back to the people that handed it to me before the show.

"Going back to the bus, I'm tired." I said back. I took my phone and wallet from the table before walking away. The bus was in a secured area so no need to be scared of crazy fans.

I didn't hear another word from Luke, the music was still playing loudly and I think he was giving up aswell. He's the last one that kept trying, but I can feel that he's giving up on me aswell. I've given up on me a long time ago.

I walked outside and when the cold air hit me I took a quick run to the bus which was only 50meters away. But I was completly out of breath once I reached it. I could feel my legs start to shake and I really felt like I was about to pass out.

I opened the door as fast as I could to be able to sit down somewhere. I was loosing this battle badly. I don't think I've ever been this tired after a concert and I know that if I keep going on like this, I won't be able to finish a concert anymore.

But the thing is, once you stop eating enough, it's hard to start again.

I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes, it didn't take me long to start loosing track of time.

------

"Hello? Is anybody here?" I heard someone say. I sat back up quickly and turned my head to the place I heard the sound from. This wasn't the voice of anyone on tour so if this is a fan, I'm fucked. "Luke?" I heard her say again before she came into my vision "oh hi, you must be Ashton."

"And you are?" I asked slowly. My head was spinning from sitting up so quickly so getting a clear vision was hard.

"I'm Alexis, Luke's friend. He told me to just come to the bus when I arrived and that he would be here." She said, you could clearly here her strong australian accent.

"Luke is at a party." I said before leaning against the back of the couch again, my back was facing her now. If she's not a stranger to Luke, she is no danger in the bus.

"Oh. Well do you have anything to eat? I had a pretty long, foodless plane ride and now I'm starving." She asked when she stood beside me. My vision was completly clear now and now that I have a good view of her, I don't see this whole thing ending well. His girlfriend isn't on tour and Alexis isn't exactly ugly.

I pointed at the fridge before taking my headphones and putting them on. She looked way too awake and happy and I really didn't want to talk.

She walked away only to come back and sit next to me on the couch.

"So you're Ashton," she said, repeating the first sentence that she said to me, "what are you listening to?"

——— Alexis' POV ———

"Music" he coldly said while he kept his eyes on the screen of his phone. By the colours and structure of the screen I could recognize the twitter app. He was scrolling through things that I'm sure he wasn't supposed to see.

"And what kind of music?" I asked again. "It's pretty soft as I can't hear it."

"Just leave me alone please?" He demanded, he finally looked up at me and when I saw his eyes and the expressions on his face, I broke. No matter how often you see an expression like that, it still breaks you every time when you see how broken they are. His eyes were screaming for help but he didn't want to accept any. His mind and heart were not agreeing on this at all.

"Luke will be gone for a few more hours so it's just you and me. And as I will be around a bit longer then a few hours, it would be great to get to know you." I honestly said. I knew pretty well that there wasn't any music playing, he just had to admit it.

"I'm fine with you staying, but I don't know if Luke told you but I'm not a good person to be around. All I will do is make you upset so it will be best for both of us if you don't talk to me at all. I wish you a lot of fun on this tour but don't talk to me again." He said angrily before he got up and walked to the bunks. I saw him crawl into his and pull the curtains closed.

——— Ashton's POV ———

As I laid down on the bed I looked up at the low ceiling above me. In white pen there were several marks already. 27 to be exact. Each stripe stands for a day on tour. You know how prisoners mark the amount of days they spend there? I'm doing the same.

I love being on stage, but I can no longer find the happiness that I used to find. All eyes are on me now and I can't deal with this.

"Hey Ashton?" I heard Alexis say from nearby. "I wanted to knock on the door but it's a curtain so I don't know how to do this so I'm going to go for just asking to open the curtain?" She sounded so unsure, and I hated myself for making a girl feel this way within the first hour of knowing her.

And I don't know what made me do it, but I opened the curtain to look at her. "What?" I said rather abrupt.

"I made a truce cake?" She said even though it sounded more like a question. "I didn't want to start my time here with a fight and I'm terribly sorry. I'll leave you alone now." She said before placing the slice of cake with a strawberry on top next to me. She looked at me before turning around.

And then she was gone again. Leaving me alone with a disgusting piece of cake.

The cake is full of salt so I hope she is not about to taste it. Luke bought it as a joke for calum and for some reason we kept it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So a new book, and I like it so far. Not a happy love story and it will contain enough drama.

Comment your thoughts!

And don't forget to vote ;)